PDA

View Full Version : is it reasonable......

Hebs
18-07-2010, 03:04 PM
when looking after a 20 month old (great walker) and a 2 and a half year old for them to walk and take turns in a buggy?

ajs
18-07-2010, 03:09 PM
depending on how far you're expecting them to walk

Hebs
18-07-2010, 03:17 PM
depending on how far you're expecting them to walk

i dunno :laughing:

Playmate
18-07-2010, 03:25 PM
I always think its not so much how well they walk, but how well you can control them when you have other children as well. personally at 20mths I would want them strapped in the buggy when out near a road.

little chickee
18-07-2010, 03:29 PM
As long as you arent going too far and as you have said the 20 month is a good walker i think its entirely resonable to take turns in the buggy.

I have mindees just now - a 3 yo and a just over 2 yo who i try to get out for walks in the fresh air. The 2yo is a great walker and enthusiastically enjoys his walk - the 3 yo drives me crazy at the incredibly sloooooow speed he walks at.

He is always lagging behind forcing us to have to stop and wait ( its in the woods behind my house so i'm not having him walking behind me on a road) every couple of minutes - drives the 2 yo nuts cos he just wants to get going.

The 2 yo reguarly walks places with his mum, the 3 yo doesnt and moans all the time about having to walk.

So yes getting some excersize and learning to walk places is good.

Sorry bit of a ramble but it bugs me when a 3yo asks to go in the buggy all the time.

ajs
18-07-2010, 03:41 PM
As long as you arent going too far and as you have said the 20 month is a good walker i think its entirely resonable to take turns in the buggy.

I have mindees just now - a 3 yo and a just over 2 yo who i try to get out for walks in the fresh air. The 2yo is a great walker and enthusiastically enjoys his walk - the 3 yo drives me crazy at the incredibly sloooooow speed he walks at.

He is always lagging behind forcing us to have to stop and wait ( its in the woods behind my house so i'm not having him walking behind me on a road) every couple of minutes - drives the 2 yo nuts cos he just wants to get going.

The 2 yo reguarly walks places with his mum, the 3 yo doesnt and moans all the time about having to walk.

So yes getting some excersize and learning to walk places is good.

Sorry bit of a ramble but it bugs me when a 3yo asks to go in the buggy all the time.

if my 2 yr old mindee is walking then the 8 yr old asks if she can go in the buggy:eek:

Zoomie
18-07-2010, 03:57 PM
when looking after a 20 month old (great walker) and a 2 and a half year old for them to walk and take turns in a buggy?

I have done this when I have had to, but out of choice I always take the double. If one gets hurt or whatever, I find they both become upset and that can be really difficult to manage with one walker.

PixiePetal
18-07-2010, 04:12 PM
mine do.

Most 2 1/2 yr old I have minded are walkers all the time by that age.

I do not drive so they are trained up from a young age :thumbsup: allowing plenty of time to get from A-B

shelly2012
18-07-2010, 04:43 PM
If is was out a short walk then that would be good. i would prob take double buggy knowing my luck both wld argue and want to go in the pram at the same time.

Mouse
18-07-2010, 05:04 PM
mine do.

Most 2 1/2 yr old I have minded are walkers all the time by that age.

I do not drive so they are trained up from a young age :thumbsup: allowing plenty of time to get from A-B

Same here! I rarely use a buggy for a 2.5yr old. My 21mth old mindee is a pretty good walker, so I take a buggy with us & he gets in & out as he needs to.