PDA

View Full Version : keeping track

mushpea
17-07-2010, 09:21 AM
How do you all keep track of who you have on what days,,, I have so many part timers now its getting confusing and when an enquiry phones up i can never work out if i have spaces or not!!

manjay
17-07-2010, 09:22 AM
I have a ratio planner on the wall in my kitchen. i can now see at a glance where I have a space

TheBTeam
17-07-2010, 03:26 PM
I have made a table with all available spaces and fill in who I have in what age range in half hour slots, so that i can see instantly where the spaces are.

As for juggling part timers, i am just very lucky that i have a good memory and even coped with a before and after schooler on a five week pattern, knowing which mornings and evenings and for how long, as it was different each week, on leaving times, some mornings not evenings etc.

AliceK
17-07-2010, 03:48 PM
I have a table I got off here somewhere. I can't find it now. I'll try and get a link to the one I saved.

See if this works:

xxxxx

Chatterbox Childcare
17-07-2010, 03:53 PM
I have a graph that shows the children down the left hand side and then the hours that they are coming under each day and date which runs accross the top. I do a year at a time leaving blanks for those unknown.

Each week I print off who is coming for that week and as it is colour coded I can see if they are part time/full time etc...

Chatterbox Childcare
17-07-2010, 03:57 PM
I thought an example might help so I have taken out the names of the children - hope it all makes sense

miffy
17-07-2010, 04:25 PM
I have a diary for everyday use and just write in who's coming when each week

Then a chart as an overview and that has vacancies or expected vacancies such as when children move age bands.

Miffy xx

mushpea
18-07-2010, 08:20 AM
thanks everyone,, using yours as an example i have now made my own, its quite scary looking at how many children on what days :laughing: ,, but now i can see at a glance if i have spaces which is what i wanted
thanks

sonia ann
18-07-2010, 09:21 AM
I have a table I got off here somewhere. I can't find it now. I'll try and get a link to the one I saved.

See if this works:

xxxxx

ooh,that was mine .........was just about to post it again:D

Mouse
18-07-2010, 09:27 AM
I bought a big write on/wipe off monthly planner from Home Bargains (about £3) and fill the names in on there. The older children love coming in & ticking their names off!

I don't bother about putting ages & times on it (unless it's a different time to usual) as I know all that in my head, but it is really handy for having a quick glance & seeing who I've got on each day.

Millenium
18-07-2010, 09:37 PM
All my mindees are full-day but not all full-time so I have a chart in the kitchen showing the next three months day by day (Excel spreadsheet) with the days of the week and their attendance shown with a 'X'. That way I can quickly see what is happening if I get an enquiry and I can see straight away if I can accommodate the child.