PDA

View Full Version : who is right ?

juejue
16-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Having a few drinks with my childminding friends and we are talking about the childs Learning journey and the observations we have to do.

Having a disagreement about it :angry:

Who is right ?

Is this 2 separate files or can they both be but into one file.
Are they both the same thing or 2 different files

Do you know what I mean.

Also the file...... "All about me."... can you put them all in one big folder ?

x x

PixiePetal
16-07-2010, 11:49 PM
all part of the whole picture :thumbsup:

one leading to another and back round again - that probably sounds confusing! I should be asleep :o

All in one file

sonia ann
17-07-2010, 02:11 AM
I have 2 files per child,

One contains all their legal paperwork ( for want of a better word) ie contract, consent forms, medical forms, accident forms etc.

The other is their learning journey and contains everything else that illustrates their time spent at my home ie all about me, observations , photos of their art and crafts, individual planning, "wow" moments etc

I also do a daily Diary (an A5 notebook ) for the lo's for parents to take home daily as a way of passing on info regarding sleeps,feeds,nappy changes etc and put in photos of what the lo has been doing that day.:)

miss mopple
17-07-2010, 06:27 AM
I do it the same as Sonia :thumbsup:

sue m
17-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Me too. :D

Pipsqueak
17-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Everything is in one folder - personal documents/legal info at the back, accident/med forms/ attendance sheets
and then the obs and any individual planning sheets

Mrs O was fine with that - I find it works for me as everything is in one place

miffy
17-07-2010, 07:58 AM
There isn't a right or wrong way to do it - whatever works for you is fine.

Miffy xx

sarah707
17-07-2010, 08:00 AM
I do the same as Sonia... one folder for parents to see regularly and one tucked away in my locked cupboard for updating as and when.

Hth :D

huggableshelly
17-07-2010, 08:02 AM
do it your way if it works for you

I had obs, ljs and plans all in one folder

jaja
17-07-2010, 09:04 AM
i have obs, planning and legal together and then the lj seperate (similar to a scrapbook) seperate, the parents take the lj home to look at but the writen obs, planning and legal stays with me, parents are always welcome to c it though, my do liked mine. everyone does things differently we all find a way that suits us and the time we have.....

hope this helps
xxx

The Juggler
17-07-2010, 09:09 AM
i have legal/personal info file, then the LJ with all obs, pics planning and assessments in.

sonia ann
17-07-2010, 09:20 AM
i have obs, planning and legal together and then the lj seperate (similar to a scrapbook) seperate, the parents take the lj home to look at but the writen obs, planning and legal stays with me, parents are always welcome to c it though, my do liked mine. everyone does things differently we all find a way that suits us and the time we have.....

hope this helps
xxx

I understand we all do things differently and there is no right or wrong way but surely obs are part of the childs learning journey....confused:o

Playmate
17-07-2010, 09:39 AM
I understand we all do things differently and there is no right or wrong way but surely obs are part of the childs learning journey....confused:o

I agree

we have a file for contracts and Chidrens info ie permissions etc which is one file divided with plastic pockets and kept in a locked filing cabinet. We have a Learning Journey file for each child which contains "about me" obs, planning, photo's and samples of there work. These are kept on a book case in the dinning room, but not locked up (which would be difficult as we have 10 of them and they are A4 ring binders :D )

jaja
17-07-2010, 10:20 AM
i am not saying they dont, but in my scrapbook (lj) i put in wow moments on a cloud, post it notes with smaller versions of my obs and what they link back to and next steps, i have photos, childrens drawings, all about me book which each child fills in, childrens craft pictures and a page for parents comments, this all goes home and then comes back to me twice a month, the childs diary goes home every day.

In my planning i have the obs (larger versions of what is on the post it note) explains more in detail and more next steps in more detail and how they relate to my planning etc, i have the planning for the individual child and then i have a seperate planning for the group i have on a day to day basis. this also contains the contracts, and additional information reagarding the child .

I find this system works for me and my development officer loved it as i was doing the parents stuff and my own but they worked and linked together, like i said everyone works differently and therefore everyones planning, obs and lj are customised to the childminders time.

x