PDA

View Full Version : This part of the Job I HATE!

Kaz1997
16-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Gosh I really am in a pickle:(
It's bad enough when the month of September is approaching and you know that one of you full timers is about to become a part timer and your income is going to drop slightly!!! That I can deal with BUT two of mine are going to become part timers. Thats not all, to top it all another parent has told me today that she wants to put the 2 1/2 year old into private nursery near where she lives, I have no car and no way of getting there to collect her as it is too far, so she is going to be leaving me too and will be with her elder sisters childminder nearer to the home. I asked why she was putting her in nursery a year early to be told, "she is so intelligent, she needs to progress it". So what the heck does she think, that I sit baby in the corner and ignore her all day??? She mixes with all the other children and we go to the childrens centre... Grrrrrrrrrr. I wouldn't mind she has known about this for over a week and only just told me, I had a phone call yesterday and had to pass the details onto another childminder friend in the area as I couldn't do it, now I find out that I could have taken on the new child but as it happens the lady has now already found someone.
Working out finances for september and my income will be really down, by the time I pay all the bills etc I am left with £13 per week and thats without the food shopping!!
I really do not know what I am gonna do, I feel so stressed already and its effecting my stomach.. have not eaten all day, my appetite has gone!:( I just wish the phone would ring with a perspective parent but its not happening.
Sorry for the long rant... just need to let it all out!
Karen x

Carol M
16-07-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm sure alot of us find ourselves in this position at sometime.
2009 has been bad for me. dh made redundant and spiralled into depression, I was taken ill and had 3 hospital stays. Lost all mindees then came back to work Nov 2009 and felt like I was starting all over again!
Dh got a job and we are just managing now I have a couple of mindees. Got some more starting Sept!
Hang on in there and promote yourself with a smile even if you are feeling bad inside. Now you know the score you can get going with replacing mindees. It's part of the job that can really worry you as it's unpredictable and usually out of your hands when mindees leave or cut hrs.
I wish you all the best of luck for getting through this rough patch.
Carol xx

TheBTeam
16-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Same here, we have dropped in three months from 14 children to 5 and will very soon likely be 4 children and none of it was our fault!!!!

We were expecting a students toddler back in september but she has been put in temp accommodation which is too far to get to us so that is a bit of a pain!

I have a new starter in b4 and after schoolie part time in september but it is small fry compared to what we have lost!

A few of my friends also have vacancies through no fault of their own so seems the recession is starting to bite.

Heres hoping that all of us who need it get some phones ringing soon!

Kaz1997
16-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Thanks Carol...
I have advertised in local shop windows, also notice at the school and have registered with several web sites.. I guess all I can do now is sit and wait.
I even contemplated looking for part time work but that would be no good as I would still need all the school holidays off..
Am not used to the phone not ringing, normally I have to pass details on to someone else... the recession definiately is biting!
Really hate feeling low, but am trying to smile. x

selena 31
16-07-2010, 05:51 PM
i have had 3 phone calls none of which i have been able to do no phone calls for mindees that i can do so as of next week i am earning nothing! aarrrgg!

really need a mindee for september any hours will do!

sandy64
16-07-2010, 05:54 PM
hi hun its awful when this happens and we cant control it either sending you good luck vibes hope phone rings soon and your full soon take care :)

Kaz1997
16-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks Peeps... Lets just hope all our phones start ringing... :thumbsup:

jaja
16-07-2010, 06:38 PM
i know what you are all saying, its quiet here too, been quite for a long time since the nursery opened as they take from birth plus lots of stay at home mums, hopefully it will pick up soon and i will pass you number on selena (pm me you home / monile number) if i get anything.... Lets hope that the phones start ringing, lol lol lol

xxxxxxx

moljak
16-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Have you made sure you're getting all you're entitled to? Tax credits ect.They might help tide you over til the phone rings.

The Juggler
16-07-2010, 07:26 PM
sorry to hear that. i lost one last week, that I wasn't worried I thought I could manage without, then on Monday found out two siblings were leaving me - one was full-timer.

the lady who shares care of these siblings has (for the first time ever) now lost all her children bar one new part-time baby starting soon.