PDA

View Full Version : AArgg!

Tippy Toes
16-07-2010, 12:30 PM
A few weeks ago the little one I look after did a massive poo and went through to her vest/clothes etc - Parent had not put spare clothes in so had to put my daughters clothes on her. A week later it happened again, no spare clothes so put my daughters on her.

For a few days afterwards parents started putting spare clothes in.

Today little one arrives in 'pull ups' - again she did a massive poo and it came through the sides and onto her clothes - Guess what, no change of clothes in bag! Argghh! Feel like calling parent to say have no spare clothes for her! Which really I dont! What to do?!

Quite annoyedv:angry:

Also parent has not returned the clothes I put on the little one!

TheBTeam
16-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Get yourself some free small vistaprint tshirts or some other small tshirts and decorate them with things like I got messy with my childminder, send them home in them, no point in keeping them and usually works to encourage spare clothes and returning of tshirts!

The Juggler
16-07-2010, 12:59 PM
ask them to send two changes of clothes in on Monday, remind them by text on Sunday night.

BlondeMoment
16-07-2010, 01:03 PM
I can't believe that. I'd be so embarrassed not to have provided any and that you've had to use yours! I don't have any kids of my own so they's have to go home in nothing!

I'd have a word and kindly say you really do need spare clothes EVERY DAY for children, especially while they're toilet training. Check in her bag every morning when she arrives that she has spares, before her parents leave and if she hasn't, say straight away that she needs some. They'll soon get embarrassed bythe fact you're shaming them. Also a few reminders about your daughter's clothes are definately needed.

In the meantime if you have to send her home in your daughter's clothes, make sure they're not best ones and that they don't match and arn't very nice:laughing:

Don't know if you've a tumble dryer or how easy it is for you to wash them. Not that you shoukld be doing that at all. Just thinking of you're daghters clothes supply lol

EllaBella
16-07-2010, 01:09 PM
I have had this happen , i got annoyed at having to keep using my little ones clothes and not getting them back,and parents not bothering/forgewtting bla bla bla , so the next time it happened i went to mothercare with lo in a emergency outfit about 7 sizes way too big , bought an set of clothes to change little one into (not too cheap on purpouse :angry: ) and billed them!

mum was shocked at the bill but got the message clearly after getting the bill!, and i had spare clothes after that.

if parents listened to me there wouldnt be need to be harsh like this :laughing:

Mouse
16-07-2010, 01:22 PM
I do keep spare clothes here so I can change children if necessary, but it does annoy me if parents haven't send a change of clothes, then don't return the ones I've sent mindee home in.

I kept asking one set of parents for spare clothes as we had real issues with their daughter's potty training. Over a couple of weeks, I sent her home in most of the clothes I had, but didn't get any back.
I was so annoyed about it that one day I phoned mum at work and said we were due to go out, mindee's clothes were soiled, they hadn't sent any spares, they hadn't returned any of the clothes I had sent mindee home in & now I'd run out! I said mum had to have clothes with me in 15 minutes or mindee would have to do the school run in a nappy! Dad was there sharpish with a change of clothes!

I then wrote a list of all the clothes I'd sent mindee home in & asked for them back. Mum didn't even know where some of them were & she said mindee had been wearing some of the others! In the end I got it all back apart from one pair of leggings & several pairs of socks.

When I had mindee's brother & a similar thing happened, I'd change him into my spare clothes for while he was here, then take them off him when he was due to go home. Parents eventually got the idea after I sent him home in a nappy a few times & gave me spare clothes to keep here :thumbsup:

snufflepuff
16-07-2010, 03:20 PM
I have had to put a mindee in my sons clothes a few times and have never got them back. Im not sure what she wants with boys clothes though, LO is a girl!
She has since asked if i have any socks that are now to small for my son because she is really skint and her daughter has no matching pairs. :eek:

little_gems
16-07-2010, 08:45 PM
i had this today. lo wet herself, dad hadnt sent bag again:angry: . My daugters 5 but is very small and this lo is only 4 but a lot bigger and there was no way my daugters cloths would fit, (the pants only just did) so i rang dad and said u need to bring some clothes down now as ive got to go and do schol run soon and ur lo has got no spare clothes.
5 min later a knock on the door.
Let hope they bring some on monday.

little chickee
17-07-2010, 08:49 AM
I have send mindees home before in my sons pj's cos thats all i had that would fit.

After using my own clothes and never getting them back i got the hump and did the same as mouse - changed child into my sons clothes (which were too big) and just before collection time took them all off and sent child home in vest and nappy - parents soon get the message.

I've done the same when there has consistently been not enough nappies in the bag - whipped off the spare nappy of mine that i had to use and sent child home with no nappy hoping they would wet in their car seat - works a treat!!

samanthat6987
17-07-2010, 03:00 PM
I have refused to take a child in the morning once because they did not bring a coat, straight from house to car, car to my house without a thought about what the child would be doing. The parent was shocked but i explained that the child would not beable to take part in the normal days activities and school run. I told them the way we go to school and they met up with us along the way. Never forgot a coat again!

Chatterbox Childcare
17-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I wish send a text and say that you need clothes. Next time clothes are sent, take them out of the bag and keep as spare yourself

I have been known to purchase a pair of jeans and bill the parents because none were in the bag before now.