PDA

View Full Version : How silly!

snufflepuff
16-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Parent asked me for advice last week because her LO has started waking at night. I suggested that it could be because she has started to put her in training pants rather than nappies (she is only 17 months) and explained to her that these do not draw the moisture away from the skin like a nappy does, the idea being that a potty training child will not like the wetness and will use the potty instead of the pants. I told her that theres no need for these until she is potty training and can pull them down and go for a wee on a potty or toilet.
She said yes that must be the problem, as she has been soaked through each morning. And shes been getting a rash too.
SHE IS STILL USING THEM! Just not at night.
What is wrong with some people, the poor child is sitting in her own wee and must be so uncomfortable.

FussyElmo
16-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Is it a case that she has brought a load of them and wants to use them up before buying some more.

snufflepuff
16-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Perhaps- but if it were me id stop straight away. I wouldn't want my son being uncomfortable just because i had lots of them left. She could always save them until she is actually potty training and use them properly.

angeldelight
16-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Perhaps- but if it were me id stop straight away. I wouldn't want my son being uncomfortable just because i had lots of them left. She could always save them until she is actually potty training and use them properly.

I know what you mean but you can only give advice if she does not take it well ................

Maybe its the warm weather thats keeping her awake ? All of my moms are having trouble with their children lately during the night times

Angel xx

snufflepuff
16-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Maybe its the warm weather thats keeping her awake ? All of my moms are having trouble with their children lately during the night times

After i suggested it she stopped using them at night and LO has stopped waking

rickysmiths
16-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Parent asked me for advice last week because her LO has started waking at night. I suggested that it could be because she has started to put her in training pants rather than nappies (she is only 17 months) and explained to her that these do not draw the moisture away from the skin like a nappy does, the idea being that a potty training child will not like the wetness and will use the potty instead of the pants. I told her that theres no need for these until she is potty training and can pull them down and go for a wee on a potty or toilet.
She said yes that must be the problem, as she has been soaked through each morning. And shes been getting a rash too.
SHE IS STILL USING THEM! Just not at night.
What is wrong with some people, the poor child is sitting in her own wee and must be so uncomfortable.

I must confess I actually refuse to use them.

There are situations when I'm out when I can't undress a child fully to change a nappy. I don't think they should be used for a child who is not potty training, they are not designed to hold the liquid and poo (sorry to be graphic!) I had one child arrive in them once and they were useless, she went home with 2 sets of dirty clothes because they hadn't contained everything. :eek:

I prefer not to use them when potty training either. I think they are a marketing mans dream and are making a fortune for them.

angeldelight
16-07-2010, 09:46 AM
I must confess I actually refuse to use them.

There are situations when I'm out when I can't undress a child fully to change a nappy. I don't think they should be used for a child who is not potty training, they are not designed to hold the liquid and poo (sorry to be graphic!) I had one child arrive in them once and they were useless, she went home with 2 sets of dirty clothes because they hadn't contained everything. :eek:

I prefer not to use them when potty training either. I think they are a marketing mans dream and are making a fortune for them.

We dont use them here either

A lot of the parents think its like training the child twice anyway

Angel xx

snufflepuff
16-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Oh i agree, i wont be bothering with them when it comes to potty training my son. Waste of time and money. if she was actually potty training i'd understand it, but shes not! LO is nowhere near ready!

huggableshelly
16-07-2010, 09:54 AM
I used them for my Son during the day because he refused nappies when I trained my daughter, she had just turned 2 he was 11 months old so far too youn to train. The cost was the issue for me but even when he wet in a nappy he screamed so had to change nappies just as often as pullups.

BUT as others have said, I have not accepted them on minded children for the same reasons as not keeping them dry and comfortable.