PDA

View Full Version : Cuddly Toys

patevans
16-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Do your minded children play with them?

I have boxes of them but no one ever wants to play with them or use them in any way, so was wondering whether to free up some storage and freecycle them?

FussyElmo
16-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Mine don't get touched - dust collecters thats they are in my house. Think the youngest two have 2 each because they like to take them to bed still. Other then that I kept my original gizmo and free cycled the rest :thumbsup:

Mouse
16-07-2010, 08:18 AM
We have boxes & boxes of cuddly toys in the loft from when my own kids were little. I want to get rid of lots of them, but DH won't let me :rolleyes:

For the minded children I have one cuddly dog, which sits in our play area. I use it more for helping the children settle in (they know where it is, come in in the morning & look for Dexter etc), though they do sometimes play with it as well.

If your teddies are taking up space, but not getting played with I'd get rid of them. Perhaps keep a couple of them, but ditch the rest!

AliceK
16-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Mine do get played with but usually by the 4yr old and 6yr old boys. They do a lot of imaginery play with the soft toys and also put on "puppet shows" for me with them too sometimes. The younger children don't tend to play with them at all.

xxxxxx

singingcactus
16-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Mine get played with too. The kids use them as cushions, friends, missiles, building blocks, monsters, whatever. I like to put out a selection of seasonally related soft toys.

angeldelight
16-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Mine get played with too. The kids use them as cushions, friends, missiles, building blocks, monsters, whatever. I like to put out a selection of seasonally related soft toys.

Yeah same here

But other times they are left to collect dust

I did get rid of a load though and no one even noticed :laughing:

Angel xx

huggableshelly
16-07-2010, 10:09 AM
I advertised mine on a website ... cant remember which one but stated free to collection preference given to charities.

A charity contacted me who hold teddybear picnics every year (again cant remember the charitys full name but think it was acorns childrens charity).

Every child who takes part in the walk and picnic gained a cuddly toy to take on the walk with them and kept the toy after too.

Look around on the net for such charities and send them off to a new home.