PDA

View Full Version : When To Say Something, When NOT to Say Something

VINASOL
16-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Just wondered whether you tell parents each time if their child has been naughty.

I had to tell the dad of the kids I mind that they 'had a fight' in the school playground whilst I was trying to talk to my DSs teacher.

There is something EVERY day, but yetserday was the worst.

So, do you tell them each time or only when it's really bad (like yesterday).:angry:

Toothfairy
16-07-2010, 07:18 AM
If they had a fight, I would be writing that up as an incident and getting parents to sign it.

shelly2012
16-07-2010, 07:24 AM
If it was serious fight then I wouls tell parents it will sound better coming from u than the kids. I would tell them if they been really naughty but to be honest the parents will prob not bother by the time they get out the house.

miffy
16-07-2010, 07:24 AM
If they had a fight, I would be writing that up as an incident and getting parents to sign it.

Ditto!

Miffy xx

AliceK
16-07-2010, 08:14 AM
If it is unwanted behaviour that I have dealt with and it's all been forgotten then I don't tell the parents but if it was something a bit more serious then I would.
I have one 2yr old who is very challenging and if I told her parents about everything it would take all evening. I have another 2yr old who I hardly ever have to tell off and the same with a 4yr old who always does as he is asked and I have never experienced any unwanted behaviour from him. As a parent myself I don't think we need to hear about all the negatives unless it's something a bit serious.

xxxxx

Rubybubbles
16-07-2010, 09:10 AM
on Tuesday I had to sit the older children down and have firm words with them 4,5,5:mad: they were very very hyped up and running around so I shouted:o as I had asked them 4 times lets calm down please!

So I told the parents as I felt awful, but it was at the time the only way to get them to listen:panic: the parents were very supportive and all said they must of being really naughty (:rolleyes: not a word we like eh, but yeah lol) as it's the first time I have had to report on their behaviour!

I did a couple of years back hand notice to a family as the 9 yr old had awful behaviour and I dreaded him coming everyday

angeldelight
16-07-2010, 09:26 AM
I think it depends on the situation and what they have done

The 3 year old I mind is always doing something so I would need a few hours every day to tell his mom :laughing: so I dont bother with minor things - we just get on with it and deal with it at the time

I agree though If they had a fight I would be writing that up etc

Angel xx

huggableshelly
16-07-2010, 10:12 AM
same as others, keep a log of it for yourself though so you can pinpoint when things esculate.

I always told parents when i had to intervene and stop play as most of the mindees went home quiet so parents knew it had not been a good day for them.

VINASOL
16-07-2010, 10:33 AM
thanks - i guess i should have said that the children are aged 8 (boy) and the girl is (11).

I've had a few instances in the beginning with them play fighting/mucking around with each but always ends up with one of them getting hurt so now they are not allowed to play/muck about together and usually I manage to avoid situations by not letting them sit together at any time, only leave the room if they are not in the same room together and generally making sure I see what they are doing all the time, however this tiem they caught me off guard whilst I literally had my back turned for 30 seconds!!

I don't mean a literal fight, but one hitting the other with something and the other trying to retaliate, but obviously it's not on, and I don't know whether to tell mum each time!

(

miffy
16-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Are they siblings? I would tell the parents as you all need to be dealing with this the same way.

I don't allow hitting - as you say, it starts playfully and ends up in tears - and I think you need parents to support you.

Miffy xx