PDA

View Full Version : What do you do if...

snufflepuff
15-07-2010, 06:00 PM
A mindee leaves part-way through the year, and you have calculated thier fees to include your holidays but not taken any?
My mindee is leaving after only 2 months because of Mums job. I allowed for my unpaid holiday time in her monthly fees but have not taken any time off. We are in week 2 of her 4 week notice period. My contracts say that i give 4 weeks minimum notice of my holiday.
Not sure what to do. If i don't take any time off it would work out that she has had 2 days free childcare.

Im now thinking it might be easier in future to have a monthly fee, paid in advance, then just refund them when i take time off!

christine e
15-07-2010, 06:15 PM
A mindee leaves part-way through the year, and you have calculated thier fees to include your holidays but not taken any?
My mindee is leaving after only 2 months because of Mums job. I allowed for my unpaid holiday time in her monthly fees but have not taken any time off. We are in week 2 of her 4 week notice period. My contracts say that i give 4 weeks minimum notice of my holiday.
Not sure what to do. If i don't take any time off it would work out that she has had 2 days free childcare.

Im now thinking it might be easier in future to have a monthly fee, paid in advance, then just refund them when i take time off!

This is why I am not keen on using this method to calculate fees it seems too complicated to me. I just charge as I go along and if I have to take a day off that is unplanned I refund the money or carry the credit over to the next month.

Cx

blue bear
15-07-2010, 08:03 PM
I had one leave mid year, just explained to parents they need to pay me XX days, no problem they had expected it they said.

miss mopple
15-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Id let it go personally, sorry, probably not very helpful but I would :)

snufflepuff
15-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Id let it go personally, sorry, probably not very helpful but I would

I think in another situation i would have done.....but this parent has messed me about and caused trouble,and i had to buy equipment to enable me to take on the LO- so i don't feel i should.

The Juggler
15-07-2010, 08:27 PM

I think I would do this.:thumbsup:

SYLVIA
15-07-2010, 08:28 PM
I explain to parents at contract signing about how monthly payments are split over 12 months and that should they leave I will recalculate for any extra payments due. Always been ok so far

Donkey
16-07-2010, 07:44 AM
I would tell her she ows you for 2 days because of the method that she wanted calculating and that she needs to pay it

:)