PDA

View Full Version : Chuffed

Pipsqueak
15-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Had the manager out of the 2yr old scheme today - she was observing me and the LO who is about to finish with me. She had a good looksee through the LJ as well and commented it was an excellent example and very full (yeah - stick that in your pipe and smoke it ofsted) of very relevant and informative information in a professional but parent friendly manner. She said that it was more than what many nurseries do.:thumbsup: She also said that it will provide excellent baseline for the nursery and she will be following up to make sure they are using my information.
The parent is looking at it tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what parent says too.

AND - very excited about this - my NCMA office and CDO have been fighting the council on my behalf to try and get me some funding for my third year. this has been totally unknown to me and they said they have now submitted the application and argument and may be called to panel about it. fingers x'd

miffy
15-07-2010, 03:46 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Well done Pip, nice to have some positive feedback for all your hard work!

Fingers crossed for the funding :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
15-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Well done - hope you get your funding too x

nell57
15-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Good for you and well done:clapping: :clapping:

Good luck and fingers crossed for your funding too:thumbsup:

karensmart4
15-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Isn't it lovely when other professionals praise what we do, well done you. :clapping:

We have a child going on to school from here without going to a pre-school or nursery. A teacher came out to see us about 8 wks ago to meet her and us.
She was overheard in the school playground saying that she had to go all the way out to Highbridge (1.5 mls) just to see a childminder!!!!!!! The person that overheard her was my 27 yr old daughter who turned around and said, very politly," thats my mum you are talking about". The teacher was most apologetic and tried digging herself out of the hole!
Anyway when she finished her visit, she told me that she was very impressed with everything we do, she said we have taught the girl a lot more than the nurseries, even the one attached to their school seem to be doing. She also said that she has changed her view on childminders. GOOD is what I say....We do work hard, we are always worried that we're not doing enough but in fact we are just right :thumbsup:

sarah707
15-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Fingers crossed! :D

mama2three
15-07-2010, 04:59 PM
well done you x
your little one has benefited so much from all your input and you have seen the results of your efforts , even so its lovely when other professionals see it too! Im still smarting for you over Ofsteds blindness to what an outstanding minder you are!
Good luck with the funding , great to have others fighting for you x

Pipsqueak
15-07-2010, 05:09 PM
well done you x
your little one has benefited so much from all your input and you have seen the results of your efforts , even so its lovely when other professionals see it too! Im still smarting for you over Ofsteds blindness to what an outstanding minder you are!
Good luck with the funding , great to have others fighting for you x

awww bless you Mama - I am still smarting to and i was sooooo tempted to ring Ofsted up and request that the inspector come and look at my LJ's again - actually think I will just post a copy to her.

I asked mum earlier if I can take a copy, omit identifying details and use it an example LJ to future parents so that they understand what they are getting, and also within my support work (network has requested it).

I am really pleased with the LJ - it really does show this childs journey and when I have had 'low' points where i felt like i was fighting a losing battle with him, it has been proof to me of his huge leaps and bounds.

Twinkles
15-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Well done Pip , some well deserved recognition :clapping:

The Juggler
15-07-2010, 08:34 PM
At least they recognised what we all knew about you all along - stupid ofsted:angry: :angry:

really really have got everything crossed for you for the funding. The fact they have done this for you without you knowing shows the esteem they hold you in honx:) :) and you so totally deserve that.

Playmate
15-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Well done :clapping: :clapping:

Keeping fingers x for funding :D

Pipsqueak
15-07-2010, 09:00 PM
At least they recognised what we all knew about you all along - stupid ofsted:angry: :angry:

really really have got everything crossed for you for the funding. The fact they have done this for you without you knowing shows the esteem they hold you in honx:) :) and you so totally deserve that.

I know - I nearly burst into tears when they told me. They have said that its a real long shot and not to get my hopes up, as the council is more than likely not to pass the request. but hey, nothing ventured and at the end of the day I will have lost nothing. they have committed however (NCMA local) to buying me the books no matter what.

the more i think about this, the more I realise its such a wonderful gesture they have done on my behalf.

The Juggler
15-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I know - I nearly burst into tears when they told me. They have said that its a real long shot and not to get my hopes up, as the council is more than likely not to pass the request. but hey, nothing ventured and at the end of the day I will have lost nothing. they have committed however (NCMA local) to buying me the books no matter what.

the more i think about this, the more I realise its such a wonderful gesture they have done on my behalf.

well i hope the LA do grant it, after all that you do for the local cm community as well as the community childminding scheme. :)

jelly15
15-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Well done Pip, really hope you get your funding.

LOOPYLISA
15-07-2010, 09:46 PM
:clapping: