PDA

View Full Version : help needed

dianemellors
15-07-2010, 01:29 PM
hi i will be starting childminding in 2wks time and have my first minder booked in to start the day i start
what kind of things should i do?
i have her from 9am till 5pm ill also have my own 7yr old and 9yr old girls

jaja
15-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi and welcome

what age is the new mindee? i tend to have arts and crafts out, free play arranged for the first day, spend time getting to know them and let them know you, and take it from there, my first day was crazy as all my mindees knew each other but didnt know me which was fun, lol

good luck xxxx

dianemellors
15-07-2010, 01:40 PM
she is 5 and half
well 6 in september
i wass going to plan to go the cinema after a few wks as i still want to do things with my daughters in the summer holiday
im so nervous and scared i really dont want to mes things up
thank u x

jaja
15-07-2010, 01:49 PM
ok, so girly things, making pretty pcitures or bangles or glitter pictures, dressing up clothes, go with how she feels, this first day will be even harder for her than you, so if your nervous then she will be too, i found that having my own children helps as the children tend to play with the other chidlren and didnt really want to do anything with me when they start, talk to mum about things she likes to do and eat, and yes go to the pictures, i take my mindees to the pictures and will be going as soon as toy story 3 3d comes on as all the kids will love it,

remember relax and you will be fine xxxxxxxxx

mama2three
15-07-2010, 03:14 PM
how about getting out lots of mags and catalogues and she can make a big collage all about the things she likes...it will help you to get to know her and be a fun activity at the same time.

miffy
15-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Do you have any sort of questionnaire or all about me sheet she can fill in - this will give you some idea of the sort of things she likes?

I also find out what any new mindees favourite foods are and make sure we have something that they like to eat.

Good luck - it will be fine I'm sure

Miffy xx

dianemellors
15-07-2010, 06:32 PM
hi thank u all for ur help
no i dont have anything like that could u email it to me?
and the magazine thing sounds wicked
would u ask parents to pay towards the cinema?