PDA

View Full Version : Am I being paranoid

claire'scherubs
15-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi Guys

I am feeling a little bit gutted this morning and wonder whether or not Im being stupid?

Been minding a five month old now since May and mum is a typical first time mum, likes to know everything and be in charge, not a problem to me.

However, yesterday I mentioned in passing that I had been putting the baby in my car seat instead of using her mobile one. I was finding it very awkward to carry with my other charges too, and he was getting very hot in it.

Today, she said that she would have appreciated that we had discussed it first and made me feel awful, however I had told Dad what I had done, and it is also in the diary that dad read and signed.

What do you think, was I right to do it??

Claire x

Stillgoingstrong
15-07-2010, 10:13 AM
For goodness sake they drive you up the wall wanting to know/discuss the ins and outs of a pigs backside:mad: You told Dad, its in the diary, Dad saw and signed end of. Just point that out to her if she says anything else. I'm in a mood today too:angry: Oh and it was in the childs best interest if it was getting too hot in the one supplied so good for you being thoughtful tbh:clapping:

jaja
15-07-2010, 10:22 AM
you have to consider the parents views but also the childs welfare and your own, if the child is too hot in the bucket seat then he needs to be in another seat which doesnt (childs best interest) if you cannot carry him in the bucket seat then dont, i know it hurts my back when i try to carry them( your welfare) and you already tell the parents everything and dad signed to say its ok ( the parents are made aware of this ) you have done everything that you should of done, she is probably feeling very uptight about leaving him but wants to put a face on it, also you find that some parents are jelous because you are doing what they feel they should be doing, looking after there own children.

Cheer up and you have done the right thing, have a cuppa and chill, sending hugs

xxxxx

Goatgirl
15-07-2010, 10:56 AM
You completely did the right thing, don't beat yourself up about it :).
The mum clearly has issues which are hers and understandable but they're definitely not yours to pander to. Nor are they your responsibility to sort out. You are doing your job excellently: if she wants to be the one making all the little decisions, she'll have to find a way to make that happen, not vent her frustrations on you.

I'd just point out that when making day to day decisions you have to act in the best interest of the children you look after and the wellbeing of everyone in the setting. If you hurt yourself doing things the parents' way with no benefit to the child, you may need time off which would leave all families without childcare and you without an income.

Bottom line: You have followed the procedures you normally would. In future you will be doing the same, so she might like to think about how she's going to handle it. Maybe be keeping a closer eye on what you've written in the diary?!

Hope it resolves positively for you. and soon...

bws,
Wendy :)

The Juggler
15-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi Guys

I am feeling a little bit gutted this morning and wonder whether or not Im being stupid?

Been minding a five month old now since May and mum is a typical first time mum, likes to know everything and be in charge, not a problem to me.

However, yesterday I mentioned in passing that I had been putting the baby in my car seat instead of using her mobile one. I was finding it very awkward to carry with my other charges too, and he was getting very hot in it.

Today, she said that she would have appreciated that we had discussed it first and made me feel awful, however I had told Dad what I had done, and it is also in the diary that dad read and signed.

What do you think, was I right to do it??

Claire x

if you informed a parent and they were fine, it's his job to discuss with his wife and hers to let you know if she is not happy. You discuss these issues with whoever you see first, you can't be expected to repeat every conversation - does she not read the diary???

Blue Boy
15-07-2010, 12:48 PM
You did everything right:thumbsup: Sounds like the parents don't talk too each other:rolleyes:

miffy
15-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Don't worry, you have done nothing wrong here.

Sounds like mum just wants to be in control - maybe she is finding being back at work hard. That is no excuse to make you feel bad though!

Miffy xx

claire'scherubs
15-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks everyone, had another chat with her tonight and showed her the diary, on her way home to slap hubby, and apologised, so all smiles again :laughing:

crazyhazy
15-07-2010, 09:13 PM
As long as the seat is suitable eg stage 0 rear facing then I don't see the issue. If you've put them forward facing then I can understand the concern as it's not safe.