PDA

View Full Version : 1st time I've felt it...

Helen Dempster
15-07-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm losing a mindee and I feel soooo upset :-( He's been with me for just over a year now and he's such a lovely boy. My own son and another mindee start school in September and this boy is still at nursery until next year. However, the times clash and I can't get him to nursery as well as the other 2 to school :-( (and breakfast club isn't an option). The parents said they've tried to arrange something else, so that I could still pick him up after nursery at 11.20am until 6.30pm (which wouldn't have been a problem), but have been unable to do so. I've had him the longest, I think that's why I feel so sad. I told myself not to be so stupid! :blush:

They come, they go.

sarah707
15-07-2010, 09:49 AM
You sort of develop a protective shield for most of them... but the odd one :o

Hugs xx

cas2805
15-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Don't worry, we are only human and we care about these little people, that's why we are good childminders.

I had twin boys from the age of 7 to 13, I really miss them and Mum isn't responding to my messages. She said she would pop over for my Son's birthday with the boys in May, I didn't hold my breath and guess what, they didn't turn up! :(

I just hope they remember all the fun times we had together

Blue Boy
15-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Know how you feel, it is a horrible feeling when a parent tells you. We have had a little boy since he was 6 months, he is now 27 months old now. Mum came to us today and said "I have a letter for you but I have left it at home":(
We have been expecting it because she has just registered herself, biut it is hard.

miffy
15-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Aawww bless you - it is hard, especially when you know the parents have appreciated what you've done and don't want to leave.

Sending a hug and hope you feel a bit brighter soon

Miffy xx

Stillgoingstrong
15-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I had my first stint of childminding 20 years ago. My first mindee was 5. He's now obviously 25, and just become a DAD!!!! I'm still friends with his Mum, chat often, and I see my ex mindee every now and then. Quite odd-fully grown man with his own baby!!!!! Live too far for me to be "granny" minder:D