PDA

View Full Version : Stealing?

snufflepuff
15-07-2010, 08:28 AM
My schoolie has taken a bit of a liking to my sons 4 little toy motorbikes. As soon as he gets here he looks for them. We have just got back from the school run and now there are only 3. I've looked everywhere i can think of. I have a horrible feeling this lad has taken it. How do i handle this situation? I don't want to upset his Mum. But i can't let this go- they were a present to my son from his Granny.

Hebs
15-07-2010, 08:32 AM
do you have him after school?

snufflepuff
15-07-2010, 08:36 AM
do you have him after school?

No before school only

Trouble
15-07-2010, 08:38 AM
move them and dont put them back and say 1 is missing so they are going back into sons room :D :cool: and say we could all look for it together so he will know your on the case:D

he will either go red or say we can look for it together:thumbsup:

Blue Boy
15-07-2010, 08:55 AM
I wouldn't make a big case of it , but I would ask the mum if he brought any toys home with him by mistake. If he did she may think it is something from school and not think anything of it. Just say that one of your sons fav toys as they were given to him by his gran and that one has been mislaid and you know that their LO does play with them before school.

Mollymop
15-07-2010, 10:26 AM
I would ask mum to check to see if he has them. I would appreciate a phone call if I were the mum, I would want to know "if" my child was taking things so that I could sort it out.

I am sure she will understand x

VINASOL
15-07-2010, 10:31 AM
This has happened to me (not a minded child but one who visits regularly). Does this boy have a school bag/coat with him? I would hang the coat/bags up high (out of reach) so that nothing can be put in there (obviously if child has pockets in trousers it's different). If they did I'd also say to the kids to check that they haven't accidentally put something into their pocket before school as their teacher will confiscate it and include my DS too....only took a couple of weeks and no more items disappeared...good luck!xx

Ali56
15-07-2010, 11:33 AM
I have little ones(mostly the schoolies) who regularly put toys in their pockets, 1 in particular whose little brother tells me what he's got at home, he even managed the lego crocodile-which is aboue 5inches long!!! I dealt with it by having a little chat with them saying that if toys went home by mistake that was ok but they must bring them back(lego mostly) and just let the parents know the same, then its hopefully not a big thing but a 'mistake' I had a word with the LO's and said they mustn't put toys in thier pockets but if they wanted to keep them safe they could put them up high by the tv. Not sure how PC it is but i check pockets regularly now-we did lose quite a few things over a period of time!:)

Ali x

The Juggler
15-07-2010, 11:36 AM
i am having similar problem at the moment. It makes me so sad:(

huggableshelly
15-07-2010, 12:36 PM
I had the same, found out the mindee was using my lego people to swap with his friends at school, telling his mom his friends just gave them to him but once mom and i spoke about the issue she confronted him again, he admitted to stealing from my house to swap and he then had to pay me out of his pocket money to replace the lego.

The Juggler
15-07-2010, 08:38 PM
if he's young enough not to notice, when he's occupied have a look through his things before mum comes to collect and check and take it back.

if it's there, speak to mum and the child. good luck hon. my fears about stealing turned out to be for the worse tonight.

sonia ann
15-07-2010, 09:08 PM
if he's young enough not to notice, when he's occupied have a look through his things before mum comes to collect and check and take it back.

if it's there, speak to mum and the child. good luck hon. my fears about stealing turned out to be for the worse tonight.

I have a problem with a 7yr old mindee at the moment so I can sympathise with everyone. His mother is dealing with it in her own way which unfortunately is not the same as mine:( she is taking the softly softly approach..............he has eczema.:rolleyes: ........he has problems at school ..:rolleyes: ....nobody understands him..:rolleyes: .......his parents are divorced:rolleyes: etc..........I sympathise I really do.......................BUT.............
not once has she told him it is wrong, not once has he apologised for taking things and in my mind far worse --he lies about it even when caught red handed.

The stupid thing is ........I have agreed to have him an extra day a week from September.:doh: .........I think I will be having strong words with him !!!:D

karensmart4
15-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Often lo's put things in their pockets because they like them, they dont think of it as stealing.