PDA

View Full Version : Changing Settings...whats the procedure

Bex1
15-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Morning

I have a new mindee who has started with me after leaving another childminder. Do i need to see her obs and learning journal for the child or do I just start afresh? I understand that my little mindee was with previous childminder for a while so that childminder must have done obs etc.

Do i need to see that or is it confidential? It would be nice to know what the mindee got up too and what they were interested in and my little mindee is very quiet and although mum and dad have completed my "all about me" pack it would be nice to know what she use to like at other settings?

Thanks

rickysmiths
15-07-2010, 07:45 AM
I give mine to the parent when a child leaves. Only 2 have left since EYFS! I always advise the parents to show it to the new setting.

Ask her parents if they have one and would they mind you having a look at it.

sarah707
15-07-2010, 10:02 AM
A new child is starting with me and parents have brought his LJ from his last childminder for me to see.

It has helped me to get a handle on him which is good :D

Blue Boy
15-07-2010, 12:53 PM
You should have their learning journeys so you can carry them on so you in turn can pass them on to whoever their next setting maybe:thumbsup:

miffy
15-07-2010, 01:00 PM
I give mine to the parent when a child leaves. Only 2 have left since EYFS! I always advise the parents to show it to the new setting.

Ask her parents if they have one and would they mind you having a look at it.

Then you could carry on using that one or start again with your own

Miffy xx