PDA

View Full Version : being messed around

donnamarie2
15-07-2010, 06:29 AM
Hi,Im newly registered and was due to have my first mindee start in sept , the person has said she would like to use me since may so it was all good .
She had been looked round a few times and said when i was reg to let her know and we could do a contract .
So i rung her she came to do the contract , i explained things to her and she said she was happy but when it came to signing it she wanted to change everything and said she didn't have time to sign it and would come back the next day .
The next day she arrived and was moaning about having to pay if she was ill or didn't use me that day , so i told her it was standard practise and actually i wasn't going to take her child as i felt i couldn't work with someone who was unhappy from day 1.
I' m just after some reassurance i guess that i have done the right thing , does everyone get a moaner from time to time?
It's seriously put me off .thanks x

nelly
15-07-2010, 06:39 AM
yes think you have done the right thing i also have turned parents away, you can just tell that their gona be trouble from day one x:clapping:

Mollymop
15-07-2010, 06:53 AM
Yuo have done the right thing. If things don't feel right and she is questioning why she should have to pay your fees then you have probably saved your self a lot of trouble in the future by not taking her on.

Dont let it put you off though, not many parents out there are like this. I have only ever come across one who questioned my fees after we signed and the child was only with me for 4 weeks:rolleyes:

There'll always be one or two who are like this, just a shame you met one of them as soon as you reg'd

Hope you get some calls soon x

Blue Boy
15-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Yes you have done the right thing:thumbsup: It is very important to get things sorted out before you start or some parents will keep changing the goal posts:angry:

Please don't let it put you off:( There are lots of friends on this forum who will give you good advice and a shoulder to cry on. :clapping:

donnamarie2
15-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi, Thanks for your replies i was very disheartened this morning but now am absolutly sure i did the right thing .
I'm glad im not the only one this has happened to , i have got some advertising sorted now so hopefully i may get a few decent people calling ha ha. thanks again x

Tealady
15-07-2010, 10:27 PM
I have learnt from experience. If they have different ideas at this stage then it will only get worse. Also if things seem fine but you have a gut feeling that things will get difficult, trust that instinct.

Don't feel bad about it. If you're not happy then it won't make for a good relationship, and although you will be professional enough not to let it affect the child it may lead to them changing settings and disrupting them that way.