PDA

View Full Version : 'if I am lost' when out

mushpea
15-07-2010, 05:49 AM
when i am out I put flourcesnt jackets on the under 5's with my name and phone number on incase they get lost but what do you put on the older children,, I dont want to put the flourcent jackets on them as they are older and they get embarased,, i thought about wrist straps and found these
http://www.kiddykool.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_84&products_id=233
but as they are velcro i wasnt sure if the velcro would become unsticky after a while with dirt and also would anyone think to look inside the band for the phone number? or though i suppose the children are old enough to tell somone my number is in there.
i also found these
http://www.kiddymania.co.uk/reuseable-identity-wristbands-c-148_149.html?osCsid=3db953f023fdcad989482bba6b7d60 56
which look good but the designs are a bit young and there isnt much room to write on them.

my only other thought was to get the caps from vista print with my name and number on the front and 'if i am lost please call' on the back..
which would you use and what do you use with the older ones.

Stillgoingstrong
15-07-2010, 06:20 AM
when i am out I put flourcesnt jackets on the under 5's with my name and phone number on incase they get lost but what do you put on the older children,, I dont want to put the flourcent jackets on them as they are older and they get embarased,, i thought about wrist straps and found these
http://www.kiddykool.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_84&products_id=233
but as they are velcro i wasnt sure if the velcro would become unsticky after a while with dirt and also would anyone think to look inside the band for the phone number? or though i suppose the children are old enough to tell somone my number is in there.
i also found these
http://www.kiddymania.co.uk/reuseable-identity-wristbands-c-148_149.html?osCsid=3db953f023fdcad989482bba6b7d60 56
which look good but the designs are a bit young and there isnt much room to write on them.

my only other thought was to get the caps from vista print with my name and number on the front and 'if i am lost please call' on the back..
which would you use and what do you use with the older ones.

Mine made their own badges which we laminated and put on with a safety pin:clapping: Dont waste your money on caps - they will lose them !!!!!:)

murphy61
15-07-2010, 06:22 AM
my older ones wear the jackets aswel, most of them love them and they understand it's for thier own safety aswel.

mama2three
15-07-2010, 06:45 AM
in the creative steps mag ( i think , was a friends mag at cm group ) this month there are some tie sashes for older mindees to make. the go over the shoulder and have a little pocket in for their phones or whatever. they look very straightforward to make and you could use bright / flourescent material on them if you wanted , let them design / decorate them and put your details somewhere , possibly down the back? it would be a nice project over the summer.

WibbleWobble
15-07-2010, 06:51 AM
i use a piece of card round wrists for the bigguns. these just have my mobile on. I wrap the card in some sticky backed plastic and the tape it round the wrist.

I have 4 bigguns and they refused to take them off....wore them home!

mandy xxxx

Hebs
15-07-2010, 06:57 AM
i have the rubber wristbands with my contact number on, i also have caps :thumbsup:

TheBTeam
15-07-2010, 07:02 AM
I have the plastic pop on bands, caps, flourescent jackets and just use which ever the child at the time feels comfortable with.

mushpea
15-07-2010, 07:04 AM
Mine made their own badges which we laminated and put on with a safety pin:clapping: Dont waste your money on caps - they will lose them !!!!!:)

oohhh thats a good idea,, a simple activity and will probably encourage them to wear em to if they did themselves. brilliant thanks and thanks for the other ideas too,,
oh and vista print are doing free caps at the moment which you can design yourself.

Monkey26
15-07-2010, 07:28 AM
All of my children (regardless of age, i have about 25 all different sizes, including mine!) wear the same tshirt on an outing with my phone number and registered childminder written on the back. i chose white tshirts as most parents don't dress their kids in white so easily spot-able! Costs me a fortune in vanish and nappysan but all in the same of safety hey! xx

jellybean cc
15-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I use these and have done for years you can get them from stationary shops. I let the children design one side and put contact details on other side. they can be fixed to belt hoops on trousers etc.

http://www.blank-keyrings.co.uk/shop/productdetail.php?product=74

Blue Boy
15-07-2010, 12:26 PM
When we go out the children wear the contact bands obtained from the NCMA with both our mobile numbers on them. They also wear bright yellow T Shirts with our logo on them so they can be seen from distance or in a crowd. We have just obtain some High Vis jackets for the children to wear during the darker evenings if we are out walking.

AnnieM
15-07-2010, 02:29 PM
I have embroidered t shirts for the younger ones and I use the non tear paper Tyvek bands which I write my mobile no on, for the older ones. I got them from ebay in pink and blue, I cut them in half width ways and then just cut to length for child. I think they were a couple of pounds for 25 blue and 25 pink, (50 of each when cut in half). :thumbsup: