PDA

View Full Version : Urgent advice please re: possible new contract.

Cazz
14-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I've got a parent coming tomorrow morning about a possible contract to start on the 1st October until the end of June. She doesn't work from the end of June until the 1st October.

If she wants to sign contracts what should I ask her to give me regards to a deposit - is it the first week/month's payment (depending how frequently she wants to pay?)

Don't really understand how retainers work so was going to ask for a deposit. Also, would you ask her to do the same next June when he stops coming for 3 months?

It would be 3 days a week (1 hour before school and 3 hours after school) so he wouldn't affect my under 5's ratio.

Carol M
15-07-2010, 07:21 AM
First , I would be asking for one months fees on signing contract to reserve the place for October. I would explain this is a reservation deposit and that once paid if the place was not taken up by parental choice, the deposit would be kept by you. If you can't offer the place for whatever reason the deposit would be given back.
I would then use this money as the first mths fees (always paid in advance)
Is child term time only, or needs holiday care?
I certainly would be taking some sort of reservation deposit/ retainer next June to hold the place open for October
Good luck
Carol xx
ps ensure everything you agree is clearly stated on the contract

clio0602
15-07-2010, 09:57 AM
I would ask for a deposit of a months fees which I deduct from final month of contracted fees or I might ask for a half fee retainer until the place was taken up in October non refundable x

mama2three
15-07-2010, 11:34 AM
how did it go?

Cazz
15-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Really well thanks. :thumbsup:

She's just got to speak to her husband about who will collect him and at what time and then we're going to arrange another appointment to complete contracts etc.

Got a good feeling about this one - he's been going to a nursery for the last 2 years so she knows she has to pay if he doesn't come etc and is more than happy with everything, she seems very easy going as well.

He's going to the private school in town so it could be good for my business to start dropping off/collecting there as I don't think any other childminders "do" this school at the moment - fingers crossed!

I told her that I would need the first month's fees as a deposit and she was fine with this.

Blue Boy
15-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Hope it goes well when she speaks to hubby.:thumbsup:

Carol M
15-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Well done, fingers crossed
Carol xx