PDA

View Full Version : Naming your childminding service

jellybean cc
14-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I have been told that a lot of childminders give themselves a name and i have noticed a lot of you on here have names for your service.
Do you all register these names?
And if so who with.

Just worried that if i name my business then whats to stop another childminder opening up next year in my street and using the same name.

Thanks

mama2three
15-07-2010, 07:17 AM
i have named my business , its not 'registered' and anyone could , if they wanted , use the same name. One of the names I was considering is used by a cm about 3 miles away so i crossed that one off the list. If you use something personal then its less likely to happen though .

Bex1
15-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Hi
I am called 'Little Friends Childminding' and i thought up this name because it fits in with my surname (Friend).

I dont have it registered anywhere and I am sure there are lots of other 'Little Friends Childminding' around the country.

Becky

Kimmy050983
15-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Hi,

I just named my business "KinderHaus Childminding service" as I wanted something to show my German heritage but is still understandable for english people :D I don´t think you can really register such names to be honest:)

Blue Boy
15-07-2010, 12:20 PM
We call ourselves Playful Minds Childminding. We have not registered the name although when the fantastic Pauline created our website she has registered the domain name.

grindal
15-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi,

I just named my business "KinderHaus Childminding service" as I wanted something to show my German heritage but is still understandable for english people :D I don´t think you can really register such names to be honest:)

I love your name!

SaijaM
15-07-2010, 12:26 PM
I've also only registered my domain name, that's all....

:D