PDA

View Full Version : How do you move house?

AliceK
14-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Hi
We have found out today that we have got the house we really wanted and it will be ours first week of Sept. I already have the form to fill in for Ofsted to notify them of my move but I'm worrying about taking any time off to actually move. For all of you who have moved whilst childminding how much, if any, time did you take off? I have a new family starting in August and don't want to drop them in the lurch by telling them I need to take time off. My other 2 families I can get away with taking a couple of days off. I'm also panicking about having the house packed up and still trying to work. aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgh. It all seems like so much worry and hassle :( Please tell me it CAN be done.

xxxxx

rickysmiths
14-07-2010, 07:56 PM
The only time I have done it whilst minding we gradually packed up and moved the boxes into a Sureguard Storeage unit. I then took two weeks off from the Friday before moving day on the Monday. We were moving 10 miles away and only one mindee moved with me.

I made sure the house was safe and I had a selection of toys etc to start off with. Ofsted came to visit the house while I was on holiday-still stacked to the celing with boxes lol! Everything was fine, they just sent me a new certificate.

I would think you will have to a full risk assessment on your new home and a fire escape plan and send it to Ofsted as soon as possible so they can get your new cert sent to the new house.

Good Luck.

sarah707
14-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Depending on where you go (distance / new Ofsted area etc) they might want to come out and visit you before they authorise the change of address.

Plus you can't work without a certificate so there will be a delay while it's being printed and posted.

So I'd say to factor in at least 2 weeks off work with the parents, then if it's quicker great.

The fuller the RA you send them for your new house and garden the better - I sent photos with my conservatory RA and it took 2 and a bit weeks before I got my certificate back (but then they did lose the paperwork).

Good luck with it all! :D

karen m
15-07-2010, 09:17 PM
i took 2 weeks,ofsted came and checked in house in week 1 had certificate following week,good luck