PDA

View Full Version : When mindees leave

AliceK
14-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi
When you have a mindee leaving (due to me terminating although still on good (ish) terms with parents) do you usually get them a little leaving pressie or what do you do?

xxxxx

mrs c
14-07-2010, 07:32 PM
I usually get a present for mindees who are leaving. I did have two who I didn't bother with. One who was with me for a short time and was only a pick-up for two evenings and another who I was glad to see the back of as he was a nightmare pick-up. The present I buy for them depends on how long they have been with me and if they have been full-time or pick-ups and also how attached I have become to them.

Trouble
14-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Not the one who left today:panic:

not a chance

but others yes a card with all the littles babies scribble on aas signatures:D

Hebs
14-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Not the one who left today:panic:

not a chance

but others yes a card with all the littles babies scribble on aas signatures:D

2 of mine will be lucky if they get a smack on the behind with the door as it closes after them :laughing: :blush:

fionamal
14-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Nope. Only gifts at Xmas and birthdays

mumof4
14-07-2010, 10:04 PM
I have one leaving in 2 weeks and im going to get him a little gift. I also give them a photo album which they love looking through. Hope that helps, depends on how attached you are really:)

HELEN10
15-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Yes their learning journals :D

No pressie just a card made by other kids, last time they did two handprints and i put their photo in the middle of the hands and they wrote bye bye from xxxxx underneath :)

Blue Boy
15-07-2010, 12:51 PM
We to give the parents the childs Learning Journeys and a disc with all their photos on. We normally give them a little party on their last day depending how many are here:) :)

miffy
15-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Nope. Only gifts at Xmas and birthdays

Same here - and an egg at Easter :)

Miffy xx

Bushpig
15-07-2010, 01:12 PM
I spoil the kids at Easter and Christmas with pressies, cards, parties, eggs et al, don't give them a birthday present too, rather throw them a little birthday party and the kids make them a Happy Birthday poster and card. We make big goodbye cards.

If you add up all occasions it all becomes rather expensive, hence me deciding to do things this way.