PDA

View Full Version : Ofsteds views on bunkbeds?

Tribe_mummy
14-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Hi all

Can anyone tell me what Ofsteds views have been of bunkbeds please? I used to work as a childminder about 5 years ago and when I had my inspection then I wasn't allowed to use my eldest sons bedroom due to him having a high bed. (although I was registered under British Forces Early Years Service not OFSTED)

At present I have two sets in my boys bedroom but would like to like to register their room for the older kids to play in if possible. One set has a removable ladder and the other is a half size cabin bed so not as high as a normal bunk.

Would love to hear if other people have had similar problems or none at all

Thanks all xx

Pedagog
14-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Ofsted lady told me they were fine as long as it was only older children who used them.

caz3007
14-07-2010, 06:42 PM
I have a set in my DS's room and they have never been commented on

onceinabluemoon
14-07-2010, 07:32 PM
My sons had bunk beds in their room when I registered. I told the inspector I didn't want their room registered so it could remain *their* room but she pointed out I may be glad of the space one day and reg's it so she definitely had a good look at it and there were no probs with the bunks. We dont use the beds for mindees though.

Tribe_mummy
14-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi all thanks for your replies, Happy to hear that I hopefully won't have that problem then! I don't intend using the roomall the time but just think it would come in useful for older ones that may need "their own space" sometimes. Haven't decided about overnight minding tbh but I think I may ask for it just to be on the safe side then it will there if I need it. I guess they can only say no if they arent happy with the arrangements x

tinkerbelle
14-07-2010, 08:16 PM
my 3 kids al have extremely high beds the sit up and head butt the ceiling type and i have ther rooms registered with no problems so dont see why you shouldnt be fine