PDA

View Full Version : Just someone to tell me im doing ok x x

mrs robbie williams
14-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi there I started officially childminding in my home on 7th July 2010 :clapping: my mindees are 3, 5, 7 and 9. The paperwork im doing is:
daily booking in / out sheet
contracts (all signed and in place)
medical / personal information (all signed and in place)
permission forms: medication, trampoline, padding pool, photographs (all signed by parent and in childs personal file)
I have a folder full of policies but none of the parents seem interested in these :angry:
For the 3 year old (who starts full time school in september)
I am doing a daily activity with her and linking it to the 6 areas and attaching a photo.

Is this all im required to do? reading through some of the posts on here it seems like im not doing enough? xx

The Juggler
14-07-2010, 01:24 PM
for now, I would just carry on with your 3 year old, following her interests and observing her during freeplay and your planned activity.

On the policies, make sure parents sign something to say they have read and agreed to all your policies - to cover yourself for any issues which come up in the future.x

Chatterbox Childcare
14-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Permission for outings, suntan cream, leaving with assistants, etc..

You need to go through the EYFS book and it tells you all in the legal requirements and optional requirements

mrs robbie williams
14-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks girls - will check out my EYFS book tonight xx

caz3007
14-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Helen, have you done risk assessments and in my recent inspection Mrs O wanted to see more next steps and planning for EYFS

miffy
14-07-2010, 04:03 PM
For the children in the eyfs it's a good idea to do a little summary of where they are at in their development (what they can do) now this makes it easier for you to plan what you need to do to move them on and show how they have developed a few months further down the line.

Miffy xx

Blue Boy
15-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Hi there I started officially childminding in my home on 7th July 2010 :clapping: my mindees are 3, 5, 7 and 9. The paperwork im doing is:
daily booking in / out sheet
contracts (all signed and in place)
medical / personal information (all signed and in place)
permission forms: medication, trampoline, padding pool, photographs (all signed by parent and in childs personal file)
I have a folder full of policies but none of the parents seem interested in these :angry:
For the 3 year old (who starts full time school in september)
I am doing a daily activity with her and linking it to the 6 areas and attaching a photo.

Is this all im required to do? reading through some of the posts on here it seems like im not doing enough? xx

Hi Helen, sounds good and others have suggested more. The one thing I would point out is the Trampoline. You have to ensure that only children over the age stated on the trampoline can use it. There was a CM in Hertfordshire who lost their registration because a little boy broke his arm, the parents sued the Cm even though they had signed a permission form for the LO to use it. It states on the trampoline not suitable for anyone under the age of 6. The boy was under this age so Ofsted took the CM's registration away. She was also not covered by insurance as she did not follow the guidelines.