PDA

View Full Version : Help with observation

April05
14-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi, after some help please!! I have a 22 month old who i haven't done a written observation on since may, have been taking pics and writing a quick note on what she was doing but nothing in detail. Yesterday all the kids were doing some colouring (printed colouring pags) and she chose which one she wanted, asked for red, green and orange crayon and when colouring was saying to her self, up, down, zig zag, when finished " i've finished, next picture" is this good enough for a written observation?

sarah707
14-07-2010, 12:56 PM
First if you have photos you can write obs on those, so don't worry about not having any since May.

Just write what the child was saying / doing at the time, link it to the Eyfs and think of some next steps.

You will probably be able to back track and show how you have followed through with the child's interests / next steps which will be lovely for her LJ book.

Yes you can use the one you have done today as well... maybe with next steps of more zig zags outside with chalk or reading some colour books.

Hth :D

April05
14-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Thankyou x