PDA

View Full Version : What do 8yr old girls like to do?

mandy moo
14-07-2010, 09:06 AM
I have an 8yr old girl and her 6yr old brother starting with me, in September,
Now I have 2 boys of mine own so we're ok there but what do 8 yr old girls like to do?
Mum says she likes note paper and writing letters, and this got me thinking,
many years ago when I was that age :) you used to be able to buy matching, mini note paper, pretend stamps, pencils, envelopes and rubbers, coloured pencils etc very similar to what you get on the kids magazines, like Cbeebies etc IYKWIM, can you still get them and if so where?
Any other suggestions welome too.W

Joannechildmind
14-07-2010, 09:26 AM
my 8 yr old dd likes drawing, ds, wii, playing with the younger ones, baking, helping me, magnetix, anything where she can make her own creations.

huggableshelly
14-07-2010, 10:24 AM
mood swings, stamping feet, slamming doors, demanding food ... oh wait no thats just my DD or atleast was last year lol.

my DD loves anything creative, I have a bits box that has all the left over craft in it so non matching googly eyes, scraps of tissue paper, felt and so on. She loves delving into the box and being creative with it all.

She enjoys plastic canvas sewing too making her own book marks then unpicks when she is bored of them and makes new ones.

She still enjoys dolls, hand puppets, lego, writing her own songs and recording them on tape, writing stories and creating borders around her paper using hole punches and stampers which can be picked up in pund shops or hobby craft.

matching cards and envelops again pound shops, the works, wilkinsons, they are mainly plain but then allow creativity to flow to create own designs.

heatherw
14-07-2010, 10:30 AM
My 8 year old sister likes to design her own clothes so lots of drawing, cutting pictures out of catalogues, sticking bits of felt, ribbon, sequins and glitter. Anything creative really. She has got a book that has drawings of models in so she can draw clothes over the top of them and colour them in.

MAWI
14-07-2010, 10:57 AM
I look after 4 eight year old girls and they love making up their own plays/ scripts...which means they just use a lot of dressing up stuff and paper etc..
Toys/activties they love cross stitch, Orchard educational Games such as Kinckerbocker Glory, lots of paper, glue, glitter, anything crafty really. They especially love Girl type books such as Hannah Montana Journals /diaries with jokes and crafts in.
However, they also still enjoy to play with the little ones at times and love the Happyland and Lego still.

Hope that helps

little miss chatterbox
14-07-2010, 11:02 AM
mood swings, stamping feet, slamming doors, demanding food ... oh wait no thats just my DD or atleast was last year lol.

I was going to add the same thing!

same as everyone else - writing, drawing, reading, making books out of paper, origami, anything else creative such as making bags, designing t-shirts, collages etc

They love going through the baker ross book and deciding what I am going to buy them to make!

mandy moo
15-07-2010, 06:19 AM
Thanx ladies for your advice:D

as for foot stamping etc I get enough of that from my 11 yr son thanx:D is delt with swiftly:D

moljak
15-07-2010, 07:15 PM
my DD loves all the above but also loves all role play/dolls games.Her and her friends will play babies for hours and I love that they still do this :)