PDA

View Full Version : I hate rain!

snufflepuff
14-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Load children in to car (one of which was running late), load buggy in to car, drive to school, set up buggy, strap toddlers in, get schoolie out of car, walk over to school, see schoolie (who does not have a coat today) in to classroom, walk back to car, strap children in to car seats, fold buggy and put in car, drive home, unstrap children and take in to house, both children screaming the whole time. Change of clothes for everyone. Put shoes on radiator to dry. Need to hoover mud off hallway carpet later and clean mud out of the car and buggy at the weekend. And all for a measly £7.
Is it time to give notice? I can't do this all winter. Surely its not worth the money and not fair on the one year olds? Or am i just being a wimp?

Millenium
14-07-2010, 09:36 AM
The way your message is written suggests that the school run is only for a mindee so maybe reconsider what age children you are happy to mind - I have only ever minded babies and toddlers so I don't have school runs. We do of course go out regularly but at least I am not tied to school times etc. and if its pouring with rain, we might wait a while until it eases off.

Is there sufficient business in your area if you were to concentrate on younger children?

grindal
14-07-2010, 09:42 AM
We walk in the rain. I do not bother getting them all in and out of the car. The kids in the pushchair have a rain hood to keep dry and if it is really wet we put waterproof coats and trousers on.
I agree, the whole car to buggy to car fiasco is too much like hard work.

caz3007
14-07-2010, 09:43 AM
I like my after schoolies and like having them here. But I only take my own DS to school. I walk and dont drive, so perhaps it easier when I have LO's too

I agree with Grindal, 2 LO's from buggy to car is too much hassle and its easier to walk, especially now I have bought myself a much better waterproof

snufflepuff
14-07-2010, 09:47 AM
We walk in the rain. I do not bother getting them all in and out of the car. The kids in the pushchair have a rain hood to keep dry and if it is really wet we put waterproof coats and trousers on.
I agree, the whole car to buggy to car fiasco is too much like hard work.

Last time it rained we walked, it takes 30 minutes to get to school so we we're all soaked and the LOs really grumpy. Poor schoolie was wet up to his knees, socks wet through etc and would have had to stay like that all day. Either way its a nightmare!

caz3007
14-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Last time it rained we walked, it takes 30 minutes to get to school so we we're all soaked and the LOs really grumpy. Poor schoolie was wet up to his knees, socks wet through etc and would have had to stay like that all day. Either way its a nightmare!

Not good, perhaps you need to reassess the ages that you mind and perhaps drop the school run if you are finding it too much, wouldnt be so bad if you had more than one child at that school