PDA

View Full Version : Forms!

Helen Dempster
13-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Hi all

For my next visit from my NVQ3 assessor, she wants to see evidence of the following:

Health & Safety Policy forms
Risk Assessment forms
Security Policy forms
Emergency procedures
Manual Handling policy form

I'm ok with most of these, but not sure about security policy form and manual handling one? Also, the health and safety one, isn't that the same as risk assessment form?

Sorry to be a divvy :blush:

She also wants to see evidence of children managing risk/safety and identifying/removal of hazards. Should I just set up a 'dummy' risk when she comes and let her observe this??

Please help!

sarah707
13-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Health and safety talks about how you manage H & S through your risk assessments, Haccp etc.

Security policy - no idea, it's certainly not a statutory or guidance requirement.

Manual handling - it's good practice to be aware of the risks of picking up children / resources and carrying them around without tripping over things... just write that up into a few lines.

Mock up an activity for the children in the garden with some broken bits and talk them through how to draw your attention to problems.

Hth :D

Roseolivia
14-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Tell her you don't have a security policy form as one not needed but just explain/show her how you make your setting secure and make sure the children are safe. Same with the manual handling, a policy is not needed in our settings.