PDA

View Full Version : Relocating with HM Forces and continuing minding???

Carpet Monkeys
13-07-2010, 03:58 PM
DH has emailed me to say that he's thinking about his next draft mid-end of next year. He's from Northern Ireland (and I've lived there before, but didn't childmind) and one posting is to there. Would I be able to transfer my registration or is it the same as here?

Also, he's considering Gibraltar, again would I be able to Childmind there as an HM Forces spouse using my existing registration?

Tribe_mummy
13-07-2010, 04:02 PM
DH has emailed me to say that he's thinking about his next draft mid-end of next year. He's from Northern Ireland (and I've lived there before, but didn't childmind) and one posting is to there. Would I be able to transfer my registration or is it the same as here?

Also, he's considering Gibraltar, again would I be able to Childmind there as an HM Forces spouse using my existing registration?

I don't know if it is the same now but I used to mind as a forces wife in 2005 and you get registered under the british forces early years service rather than ofsted? (was living in Germany )Same process just a different group of people, sorry thats all i know atm xx

Rubybubbles
30-07-2010, 09:51 PM
I am not sure TBH I 'think' if on a miltary base under BFPO you can, maybe phone Ofsted and see:rolleyes: what they have to say

Carpet Monkeys
30-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'm sure if we get to Belfast it won't be a problem, it's if we go to Gibraltar I'm wondering about. First thing is to wait and see where our next posting is to!

Rubybubbles
30-07-2010, 10:05 PM
in N.Ireland they have a different awarding body (such as Scotland has care commission) When I moved from Scotland to England I had to re-register with Ofsted:rolleyes:

here is the link for N.Ireland NCMA http://www.nicma.org/cms/for-childminders

I love moving:laughing: but this is the PITA bit, changing addresses and awarding bodies!