PDA

View Full Version : September changes

Debbieanne
13-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Hello every one, are you all looking forward to the summer hols, for the ones that do nursery and school runs it a wellcome break from strapping and un strapping the kiddies into their car seat, numerous times in the day.
then theres the children that are at pre school nursery, and need collecting at 11:30 ( clock watching all day and cant get stuck into anything)
I will have a couple of places available come september but not sure i want to fill then, feel i need to slow down.
I start at 6am and the last one goes at 6:40pm, so my day is long and tireing.
So come september the day will be easier! so i think i will leave it like that for a while.
Does any one else think their day is too mad.( not getting any younger but seem to be working harder).

Tink
13-07-2010, 01:12 PM
I think working those hours you need to do what's best for you. If you tire yourself out, your no good to the children.
I say see how you feel come September and enjoy your break xx

Debbieanne
13-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Yes tired, but the children get the best part of me...it's my hubby i feel sorry for he gets the tired, want to go to bed at 9:30 part of me.:laughing: you know what its like once you sit down and switch off!!

charleyfarley
13-07-2010, 01:27 PM
I feel the same and can't wait for September, no more lunchtime school runs, well only on a Friday.

Both my own son and mindee start full time school so I will only have 1 lo 3 1/2 days a week and an after schooler and I am going to make the most of it before my 2 new ones start next year. I'm looking forward to recharging my batteries on my time off and maybe even getting some jobs done that keep getting put off.

May even use my half day off to do paperwork so I don't need to do it at night or weekends.

Carol xx

joshie
13-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Cant wait!!

My son finishes pre-school on Mon (y go in 4 1 day i dont no!) then starts school in sept!!

LOs school finishes next Fri.

My car trips at mo are: Collect LOs @7.45, back to mine for breakfast, take LOs to school at 8.45, back to school to collect LO at 11.45, then to DS school to take him nursery at 12.30, then back to school at 3.15 to collect DS, then take LOs home at 5.45!!! Cant wait for it to be 7.45-5.45 - whole days of fun, fun, fun!!!:D

miss mopple
13-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Im dreading september as my baby starts big school and I'll miss her terribly :(

Will be nice to be quieter though and back to having only 3 under 5's :thumbsup:

Oh and have just agreed to take on a 3month old part time baby from January so thats something to look forward to :D

The Juggler
13-07-2010, 09:05 PM
i would advertise now if you need to fill the places but be firm and tell people you'll only work 0800-1700 and only part-time if that suits.

miffy
14-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Gosh, those are very long hours, no wonder you're shattered.

Enjoy the summer break and take the time to decide if you want to cut down come September

Miffy xx

Mollymop
14-07-2010, 08:10 AM
I can't wait for the summer hols, no more school runs in the rain or the baking heat (never mind un-strapping and strapping into car seats! I have to walk!:D )
I have 2 weeks booked off the first 2 weeks of the hols so thats something to look forward to

Then come Spet, the way things are going at the moment, I won't have to slow down as I will only have one before and after schooler and 1 child on a thurs and Fri and that is it!! Hope I can fill my spaces before then!

I don't blame you for wanting to slow down a bit especially after the hours you work all week. I did similar hours last year and they were very draining

mrs robbie williams
14-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Im looking forward to September as 3yr (who will be 4 by then) is starting fulltime school yay !! so i'll only have before and after schools :clapping: :clapping: Plus im only childminding for 9 days during the summer hols wooop :) x x