PDA

View Full Version : Own child not being nice at parent interview :-(

Ms WG
13-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Just had mum and 6 month old to visit, potential October start. My own little boy who's 22 months, decided to throw a soft toy at her twice, not from a great distance but when she went to near him. Luckily my oldest daughter was here so she took him off upstairs for me.

Apologised to mum and said it was out of character for him and said it was fine and he was probably a bit miffed about a new face being in the house and she laughed it off, saying she would probably be able to biff him back soon !!!!!

Oh dear lord, she has two more childminders to see, who by the sounds of she doesnt appear that keen on, based on the email conversations she's had with them.

She said that baby appeared happy and contented when I was holding her, but ohhhhhhh will the teddy throwing go completely against me !!!!! Little horror is fast asleep now!

Blaze
13-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Doesn't sound like it will...seems like she is a sensible - just as well really - otherwise accidents etc would be a nightmare!:)

~Chelle~
13-07-2010, 12:32 PM
I wouldnt worry too much about it.

When I had a 6 month old mindee round for a visit, my two other mindees, who were 3 at the time, went into hyper mode and were being very challenging to day the least :rolleyes:

I convinced myself that they wouldnt want to to have him, but they did and I am still minding him 3 years later :D

Stillgoingstrong
13-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Mine always used to be complete little b's when ANYONE came round and thought it hilarious. Hopefully this Mum will understand - just wonder why yours felt that he actually wanted to throw things at baby???? was he jealous do you think? this was a worry for me when I was a cm first time around. Mine hated it so gave up and have now re-registered :eek: My daughter got clawed by her cms own son (many moons ago when shoe on other foot) and still has a small moon shaped scar from a fingernail breaking the skin -shes now 20, so pretty nasty at the time. I realised these things with kids do happen, and as it was a one off accepted it as one of those things. Never happened again and daughter stayed with cm for 2 years
after that:) hopefully your Mum will be ok.:D