PDA

View Full Version : what do I do?

Pipsqueak
13-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Ok, supposed to be getting Iz back in September when her mum starts college and Iz starts school.
college are paying my fees but they are not willing to pay a retainer or deposit to secure this contract. mum doesn't have the money to pay me (and I know she is genuine). Mum understands that if a better offer comes along then I may have to take it.

Now I know I will definately have Iz back in September - mum is willing to sign the contract now and there don't seem to be many other enquiries on the horizon.

should I just go for it and waive the deposit/retainer. I have already got excited about having Iz back (really missed her) and I suppose in a way I have kept her space open all this time - although not intentionally.

I set the fee at £4.50ph, with a minimum of 8hrs per week (mum only needs 5). i have half tempted to up the fee to £5 and just tell mum that I'll the space for Iz and as college are paying the fee is £5.

mama2three
13-07-2010, 11:30 AM
I did something similar last year , college said they were not willing to pay retainers in the school hols etc so I upped my normal rate to cover this. Deposit / retainer beforehand wasnt a problem as she left it til the very last minute anyway!!

Blaze
13-07-2010, 01:00 PM
As college is paying I would up your fee to allow for the no retainer / deposit rule....if in the future it'll be Mum paying you could always go back to your normal rate...If it was me in your shoes i would waive the retainer deposit - do £5 an hour with a minimum of 10 hours per week. HTH:)

The Juggler
13-07-2010, 01:16 PM
I agree, up the fee to cover retainer Pip.

charleyfarley
13-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Up your fee, I did when I got paid by a third party :thumbsup:

Carol xx

youarewhatyoueat
13-07-2010, 02:56 PM
I upped the fee to £6 per hour for anything under 10 hours so it covered me.