PDA

View Full Version : are variations child specific

moogster1a
13-07-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm hoping to get a variation for 4 under 5's including my own as I'm due to give birth any minute and my 2 mindees want to return in September.
BUT, 1 of them will be leaving a few months after that. Will the variation then be removed, or does it carry on if I replace that child with another one?

angiemog
13-07-2010, 11:25 AM
I think it's child specific as it said on my certificate 'those named on the variation request' and will continue until a child leaves or moves to a different age bracket. x

mama2three
13-07-2010, 11:41 AM
but if you are having mindees A and B back in september , variation could be for say mindee A , then mindee B leaves a little while later and you then have a space - as mindee As variation is in place. thats certainly how one minder I know works it anyway.

moogster1a
13-07-2010, 11:44 AM
oohh. That sounds a sneaky way round it. Would I really get away with that!!

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
13-07-2010, 11:48 AM
mine is child, day and time specific

green puppy
13-07-2010, 11:57 AM
mine is child, day and time specific

Mine too. Your insurance covers you as long as you are working within your conditions of registration. As ofsted ask for the names of the children on the variation request form and state that it's specific to those children, then I guess your insurance would be invalid if you used the variation for a different child.

Mouse
13-07-2010, 11:59 AM
but if you are having mindees A and B back in september , variation could be for say mindee A , then mindee B leaves a little while later and you then have a space - as mindee As variation is in place. thats certainly how one minder I know works it anyway.

I think that's a bit of a tenuous way round it & personally, I wouldn't risk doing it like that.

My variation is child, day & time specific. It applies to ALL the children you have on those days, not just the one you ask for the variation for.

The wording is: may exceed the ratio to allow 4 children in the early years age group for the children named on the variation request of (date)

may only care for such children on (day) and (day) from (time) to (time). This exception applies until one of those name children is no longer in the early years age group or is no longer cared for by the childminder.

HomefromHome
13-07-2010, 12:12 PM
I think that's a bit of a tenuous way round it & personally, I wouldn't risk doing it like that.

My variation is child, day & time specific. It applies to ALL the children you have on those days, not just the one you ask for the variation for.

The wording is: may exceed the ratio to allow 4 children in the early years age group for the children named on the variation request of (date)

may only care for such children on (day) and (day) from (time) to (time). This exception applies until one of those name children is no longer in the early years age group or is no longer cared for by the childminder.

exactly what i was going to say - i will also add that YOU MUST inform ofsted of any changes in your number ratios and/or variations - you cannot use a variation once that child has left, for other children. even for hours changes you must tell them. hth

mama2three
13-07-2010, 12:18 PM
I actually agree , i queried how she was able to take on a new mindee and she told me that she still had Ms variation in place so I presumed it was acceptable. :o

HomefromHome
13-07-2010, 12:41 PM
er no! most def not! it goes against your registration so insurance is then invalid, etc etc. It doesnt take much to ring and talk to Ofsted.... 9/10 they will grant a slight change inan existing variation but you need to apply for a new one for a new child (and even then they are normally only granted for continuity of care/siblings)

sonia ann
13-07-2010, 01:29 PM
just wanted to say I agree with all the above comments.............variations are not transferable :panic: