PDA

View Full Version : do you have to prove your hours to tax credit

nelly
13-07-2010, 07:11 AM
hi just wonderd if you have to just phone and tell tax credit your hours or do the need something else.also my hours are reduced alot when its school hols so do i have to calculate my hours for the whole year . thanks nelly:huh:

auntym
13-07-2010, 08:19 AM
I think the only time you need to tell tax credits is when your income goes up or down by a certain level.
Or your predicted annual earnings.
But I do know if you work less than 16 hours it has an effect on the workin tax element of it. But I cant remember the last time worked under 40 hours.
Do you work under 16 hours?

Hebs
13-07-2010, 09:33 AM
dont forget your working hours are NOT just when kids are with you it includes all the time you spend doing paperwork, accounts, planning etc :thumbsup:

youarewhatyoueat
13-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Always under estimate your income to tax credits so you don't end up with an overpayment. You don't lose any money as at the end of the year you will get a lump sum if they haven't paid you enough.
Best to do a rough average of the whole year than to keep ringing up and changing your earnings.

venus89
13-07-2010, 12:19 PM
I also have some who are term time only. I work out my average weekly figure over the year - including their holidays - then give that to the tax credits people.....