PDA

View Full Version : Outings

SonnysMummy
31-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I've read in the Standards that you must be aware of what to do in the event of an emergency when on outings. What does this mean? Is it missing child policy? What kind of emergencies do i need to think about?
I know i probably sound really thick it's just that i've been writing these policies every night for the last three weeks now and i'm starting to lose my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:panic:

Kelly :)

sarah707
01-04-2008, 06:48 AM
If you lose a child / if you collect a child / if you have an accident / if a child has an accident... that sort of thing :D

SonnysMummy
01-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I've been wondering about what happens if i had an accident either on outings or in my home. What could i say about what would happen if i was unable to do anything?

Kelly:)

miffy
01-04-2008, 07:39 PM
I've been wondering about what happens if i had an accident either on outings or in my home. What could i say about what would happen if i was unable to do anything?

Not quite sure what you mean - if you were unable to do anything - do you mean give first aid yourself? then you would put what you would do eg dial 999 phone parents etc etc

HTH

miffy xx

SonnysMummy
01-04-2008, 07:43 PM
No, i mean if the accident happened to me but the children were fine...say i fainted or was unconcious or something.

miffy
01-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Sorry I misunderstood you - hope it never happens!!!!!

I carry a A5 folder with all the mindees details in it - on the front of the folder it explains I am a registered childminder and gives details of who to contact in an emergency - I have the names and phone numbers of two fellow minders and my husband

HTH

miffy xx

SonnysMummy
01-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Thankyou, that's great:)