PDA

View Full Version : Highchairs

maisiemog
12-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Hey,

Our highchair has just died and we need to replace it. Thing is though I'm tempted to just get booster seats and use a bumbo with a table for little ones cos they take up less . What do you reckon? I am a bit sick of bruised legs from walking into the highchair cos space is limited in our dining room!

We already use a booster seat for our dd and all my mindees are big enough for a booster seat. I have a bumbo and table already as we lived in a 1 bed flat when we first started weaning dd and it took up less space. Just wondered if there were any rules against the bumbo cos some people are a bit funny about them? Doubt I'd actually have to use it for a while anyway as I have no spaces and I'm hoping nobody is planning on leaving me!

Monkey26
12-07-2010, 06:35 PM
I have 3 of these highchairs (in the, old, zoo print) http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_57+320_10751_-1_14636_52390_10001_14636 i live in a 2bedroom flat and they fold away nicely behind my sofa :D a tad expensive so i only had 2 to start with but then i was in the recycling centre one day and there was one there for £3.50!!! Good ol' wash and antibac and it was practically brand new, couldn't believe it!!! xx

Ali56
12-07-2010, 06:53 PM
I use the little boosters with the tables that go on dining chairs-older ones can then use them for alsorts to join in at the table as well as eat and younger ones the little table that goes on top to catch the spills!! I like including LO's when i can:laughing:

Ali x

Chell
12-07-2010, 07:06 PM
The Ikea plastic high chair that is about £12 is great. You buy the tray seperate, it unclips as do the legs if you want to store it. I've got two at the moment. They also stack if you need them too.

loocyloo
12-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I use the little boosters with the tables that go on dining chairs-older ones can then use them for alsorts to join in at the table as well as eat and younger ones the little table that goes on top to catch the spills!! I like including LO's when i can:laughing:

Ali x

thats what i use too. i also have a couple of chairs similar to the tripp trapp chairs that sit up at the table. i did have to buy a highchair recently, as :eek: so many children one night of the week, i didn't have a spare chair !! i got it for £5 at a nearly new sale and it had hardly been used! it folds flat and gets hidden when i don't use it!

Chatterbox Childcare
12-07-2010, 07:09 PM
I brought the mothercare highchairs that fold down flat and are great for storing in small areas. I keep my two behind the ironing board or a door

The Juggler
12-07-2010, 08:33 PM
the boosters with 5 point harness are probably jsut as good as a high chair:)

TheBTeam
12-07-2010, 08:57 PM
I have the foldable boosters which can be strapped to a chair or used on the floor, I dont have the space to put the highchairs either.