PDA

View Full Version : Daily Dairies

RCTLisa
12-07-2010, 10:26 AM
I am currently designing my daily dairies and was just wondering if I have to do 2 copies every day - one for the parents and one for my folder?

It would seem like a lot of paperwork to keep so logically I wouldn't but now I am not sure?

Donkey
12-07-2010, 10:32 AM
I put mine in an a5 zip wallet and the whole thing goes back and forth, so far my parents have been really good and remember to bring it.....

I do a weekly sheet that has the different days on, it folds like a booklet. there is room for the parents to write about what they have done at the weekend.
the front cover has about food and nap times one and things..

huggableshelly
12-07-2010, 10:34 AM
just one book that goes to and from home/here and all I used was cheapy chirpy school like exercise books then covered them in the childs prefered choice of paper and let them decorate it.

WibbleWobble
12-07-2010, 10:35 AM
i have a daily diary for each child. I dont keep a copy. I do have weekly planning sheets and spaces for activities. I write up each activity and evaluate it. this all goes in my planning folder. I also have a copy of each childs personal planning in this folder...the other copy goes in the childs learning journey

mandy xxxx

RCTLisa
12-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I was thinking along the lines of a folder which can be taken home and then I had a sudden "is that acceptable" moment.

All this paperwork is giving me a headache at the moment :panic:

huggableshelly
12-07-2010, 11:14 AM
ummm, my personal opinion ....

a book would be easier than a folder containing lose sheets as sheet can be removed easier plus writing in a book saves printing out each day.

All you need to add in a daily diary is the basics, food, nappies, sleep, toys.
I also added accident book needs to be signed
I would also add J wrote his name today all on his own or little comments along that line but not daily

then everything else goes in the learning journal, i sent one home every half term and the others were viewed and discussed in my home due to the fear of them not being returned back to me.

RCTLisa
12-07-2010, 11:25 AM
I will have a book in a folder - but a A4 book that I have put together.

I still have time yet as I haven't got everything together that I can send off my paperwork yet so I have a while to decide these things :)

venus89
12-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Each child has a book that goes back and forth and I write a summary of what we've been doing throughout the day, nappies, food, anything relevant. Then I have a book for me that I write who was here when, what we did - only in not form - notes to myself for obs I need to write, anything the daily Risk Assessment flagged up, to do lists, photos, stuff like that. I've found this much easier than loose sheets, which I started with, then everything I need is in one place rather than lots and lots of bits of separate pieces of paper.

green puppy
12-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Each child has a book that goes back and forth and I write a summary of what we've been doing throughout the day, nappies, food, anything relevant. Then I have a book for me that I write who was here when, what we did - only in not form - notes to myself for obs I need to write, anything the daily Risk Assessment flagged up, to do lists, photos, stuff like that. I've found this much easier than loose sheets, which I started with, then everything I need is in one place rather than lots and lots of bits of separate pieces of paper.

I do this too, if the parents put in any comments that can be added to the childs learning journey- new interests, something they have learned at home- then I photocopy the page and add it to the learning journey aswell.

venus89
12-07-2010, 01:05 PM
I do this too, if the parents put in any comments that can be added to the childs learning journey- new interests, something they have learned at home- then I photocopy the page and add it to the learning journey aswell.

That's a good idea.
Although I only have one parent who has ever written in the daily diaries, eevn though they all have a not in them saying please do.....

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
12-07-2010, 03:03 PM
I dont know if i can name names but i buy mine from a fab childminding website.

When i had my inspection Ofsted lady commented on how fab it was.

sophie1977
17-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi,
Just wanted to ask if i needed to do a daily dairy for an 8 month child. The child likes to play and is trying to crawl, but doesn't really do much else, unless off course i do story time with her, but most activities i do for the other children, she doesn't join in as, she is either sleeping or having her bottle, so can i do a weekly dairy instead? Does that make any sense?

green puppy
17-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Hi,
Just wanted to ask if i needed to do a daily dairy for an 8 month child. The child likes to play and is trying to crawl, but doesn't really do much else, unless off course i do story time with her, but most activities i do for the other children, she doesn't join in as, she is either sleeping or having her bottle, so can i do a weekly dairy instead? Does that make any sense?

I do one for each child, especially under 3's detailing food, milk, sleeps, nappies etc... I then jot down a quick summery of what they have done, their mood, where we have been. I pop in anything I want to check with parents as sometimes drop off and pick up are too busy to talk proparly, I then leave a space for parents comments.