PDA

View Full Version : Exclusion Policy

SonnysMummy
31-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Me again:confused:

Ok the exclusion policy... what's this all about??? I know it means including reasons why children may be excluded from my setting but i'm still not sure. What do i say about if the child is ill? How long they need to be kept off etc...? Do i need to write that in my sickness policy? What do you lovely people with a fountain of knowledge do???:littleangel:

Kelly :)

sarah707
31-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Send them home and have a day off! :laughing:

http://www.hpa.org.uk/infections/topics_az/schools/schools_guidelines_2006.pdf

miffy
31-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi Kelly

Has someone given you a list of policies you should have or something?

Take a look around the forum and also the bromley site - I put the link on one of your other threads - you may find what your looking for there

Good luck

miffy xx

SonnysMummy
31-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the link:)
I've just picked up which policies i may need from threads i've found on here, bromley, ncma etc. I've been using the bromley website already to be honest and i've thankfully nearly written all of the policies now...thank God!!! But i didn't find anything about exclusion on there so there are some like that which i am stuck on:)

Also, are there any other reasons why children my need to be excluded from my care other than ilness?

Kelly:)

angeldelight
31-03-2008, 09:32 PM
You sound like you are working really hard Kelly

Hope you are getting there sounds like you need a break ?

Angel xx

SonnysMummy
31-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Yeah, i think that i do need a break but the way i am once i start on something i have to get it done otherwise it's just always on my mind:panic:

angeldelight
31-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Well at least its giving you heaps of time in the forum so what could be better than that ha

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
31-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Blooming policies - I am slowly rejigging mine towards EYFS.... only slight rejigging needed but all the same I am still managing to close little loopholes that i have come up against just lately

:thumbsup:

Think I am up to Policy 120 and page 3752:laughing: and I still haven't put Paulines Breathing Policy in;)

sarah707
01-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Also, are there any other reasons why children my need to be excluded from my care other than ilness?

Behaviour likely to cause injury... especially with older children, anything which you cannot deal with like persistent swearing or having a go at you / little ones etc... cover your back and say 'behaviour not in keeping with the setting' or something similar, then you've got scope for manoever (sp?) :D