PDA

View Full Version : Do we have to do courses before registering

Tribe_mummy
12-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Hi all

Got my pre reg visit to get applications etc with my CSO in a couple of weeks.

Have been reading through a few threads on here and noticed that alot of people do there courses Before registering, the impression I got from MY Cso is that I could register once I had my First aid and do my DHC after I had registered. Is this right or does it differ in different areas?

My first aid course is about 4 weeks after I get my application forms and Cso said if u fill them out as quick as possible I should get my pre reg visit about same time of first aid course if not before, then once docs note and crb is back i will be registered?

Getting so confused with all this, wish they did it the same nationwide.

zoe2010
12-07-2010, 08:52 AM
hiya im in Bristol i recently registered (april this yr) it took about a yr all in all i had to go to college for 8 wks to do an ICP in childminding they dont run many coures thats why i think it took so long .... hope this helps :)

sarah707
12-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Most areas say you have to do the introduction to childminding course (which is part 1 of the DHC) before you register.

However the Eyfs does not say that - it says you must do the first aid before registering and the introduction to childminding course within 6 months of registering.

In Cheshire you have to do the introduction course before you even get your Ofsted application forms - they believe you need to show commitment first.

However yes it does vary through the country. Your local people will be able to tell you more.

Don't forget to keep us updated with how it's going! :D

venus89
12-07-2010, 08:54 AM
We had to do the ICP and First Aid courses before registereing in order to get the Start Up Grant. I'm in Kent

Tribe_mummy
12-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Decided to ring my CSO as knew I would stress about it all day!!

So anyway, looks like we have the easy end of the deal in getting registered in Warwickshire.

Process is: get application at pre reg cso visit, get health dec signed send off apllication, send off crb, first aid course, pre-reg ofsted visit, register, send off for start up grant, includes NCMA membership and public Liability insurance for one year and paperwork pack, (contracts etc), get £50 back from initital payment that covers first aid course and then they fund DHC for us...think thats everything, so all going to plan should be registered oct at latest :)

Feeling a litttle less stressed now

One more thing, have prepared policies etc for pre reg visit and just about to do risk assesments and wish lists, what else do i need for the ofsted pre reg visit other than a basic understanding of EYFS?

Thanks all and sorry for the kengthy message!