PDA

View Full Version : Closure

SonnysMummy
31-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I've done a search on this but i'm still confused:blush:

What exactly do i need to include in the closure policy?

Kelly:)

miffy
31-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Sorry Kelly

I haven't got a closure policy

I'm not quite sure what you mean

miffy xx

crazybones
31-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Do you mean this?

SonnysMummy
31-03-2008, 08:21 PM
I mean things like why you may need to close... i think???

crazybones
31-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Ooops dont know what I did then.

miffy
31-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks kelly I understand what you mean now but I still don't have a policy for that so can't help you

Have you looked on the bromley site there are loads of policies on there

www.bromleycma.org.uk

miffy xx

sarah707
31-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Why I might close, including but not limited to the list below... and how I would inform parents if I did... :D

• A power cut affecting my premises - my Fire Alarms would be inactive and therefore my premises considered unsafe
• Sickness – mine or that of my children – which is considered infectious
• Family illness or death
• A funeral which unavoidably clashes with a Childminding time
• A hospital appointment for me or one of my children, which cannot be changed to out of Childminding hours
• A problem with my heating system – if the weather is clement this would not be an issue
- Fire, flood etc
• A problem with my water supply – which would render my premises potentially unsanitary
• Severe weather conditions
• In the case of a ‘flu pandemic
• In the case of the Local Authority advising all children to be kept at home

Before child's arrival time - I will ring and tell you not to come
After child's arrival time - I will ring you and ask you to collect; if you do not collect with 1/2 hour, I will ring emergency contacts to collect.

Tily Bud
31-03-2008, 08:26 PM
I dont have one either xx

Tily Bud
31-03-2008, 08:28 PM
That looks good Sarah xx

SonnysMummy
31-03-2008, 08:48 PM
That's brilliant...thankyou:)
I guess we wouldn't be paid in the event of closure for any reason? I know i wouldn't expect to if i closed due to being ill myself or my son being ill.

miffy
31-03-2008, 08:54 PM
If you are closed you are not able to provide a service so you should not charge

Great list Sarah

miffy xx

SonnysMummy
31-03-2008, 08:55 PM
About the power cut one...my fire alarms are battery operated but would i still need to close as fridge etc wouldn't work??? Sometimes power cuts only happen for a few minutes so what would happen in that circumstance? Sorry for all the questions:blush:

Kelly x

SonnysMummy
31-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Do you think it would be bad practice to take children you are minding to doctor/dentist appointments if you couldn't get one out of working time?

miffy
31-03-2008, 09:00 PM
I think Sarah's fire alarms are mains wired

You would have to decide about your fridge etc depending on how long the power cut lasted

HTH

miffy xx

miffy
31-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Do you think it would be bad practice to take children you are minding to doctor/dentist appointments if you couldn't get one out of working time?

It wouldn't be my first choice to do so but if you can't help it and parents agree then you could take the mindees - you would have to risk assess to show how you would keep them safe

miffy

SonnysMummy
31-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Thankyou all so much...i think i have that one covered now:)