PDA

View Full Version : Getting excited/nervous and full of questions

Baileys'n'cream
11-07-2010, 10:07 PM
I have been soaking up lots of info from this fab site over the past few evenings :)

I am feeling really excited about my pre-reg meeting next week, it's all morning and I have arranged childcare for my 2 darlings as it is on their first day of the Summer hols

I am expecting that the next course won't start until sept though, don't know how I'm going to wait :blush:

I have had a couple of friends who have expressed interest in me having their LOs, one of them 4 days a week:)

I would love to 'give up' my current job now, but I'm going to have to stick with it for quite a while yet probably:(

I am really hoping that many of the questions that are floating around in my head will be answered at my meeting, I do know that my course will be for 14 weeks, it just feels like it's all going to take a long time until I'm registered

sarah707
12-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Are you East or West Cheshire?

The course does go on a while - ask and see if they are doing any quickie ones through the holidays.

Sometimes they do 3 or 4 day courses if there's enough interest. That will really speed things up for you!

You get your application pack at the end of your course, then when you've filled it in and sent it off Ofsted come to visit within a few weeks. They send off your CRB(s).

You wait for your CRB(s), social services and medical forms to be done etc...

The way things are right now if you are starting a 12 / 14 week course in September you are looking at being registered in the new year!

Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on! :D

Baileys'n'cream
12-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Oh I would LOVE it if they offered a 3 or 4 day course, although I still have to go to work so it may not fit it:(

I suppose that doing it over 14 weeks will give me lots of time to prepare:)

Oh and I'm in West Cheshire:)

TammyN
12-07-2010, 08:17 PM
HI and welcome, im in Halton and have been cm for 2 years now. im loving it and it was the best move for me and my family. this forum is great and has really helped me so stick with us and ask away :clapping:
Tammy xx

Baileys'n'cream
12-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Tammy, Hi, I am in Halton too!

Bit of a long shot but, are you the same Tammy who has a fabby advertisement on the back window of your car, who was at a certain rehearsal on saturday?

Sorry if it's not but :jump for joy: if it is

padpad83
15-07-2010, 01:00 PM
good luck! :)
I didn't think it would take long to get sorted but i had started the ball rolling in jan/feb, i was told i could be registered within 12-16 weeks!, i'm glad i've took my time as it is a lot of info to take in,
i'm just waiting on CRB's to come back now & i'm hoping to be ready Aug/sept to start childminding, i've had to keep my evening job on while waiting but i hope to still do it once i'm registered :)