PDA

View Full Version : Early morning phonecall?

snufflepuff
11-07-2010, 09:31 PM
My son has had a temperature on and off all weekend and we can't work out what could be causing it. I am going to take him to the GP tomorrow which means i'll need to close- i should have 2 mindees, both one year old, and my son is one too, so it wouldn't be practical to take them all down to the surgery. Plus of course theres a chance that whatever is making him unwell could be contagious.
I text the parents earlier today with a warning that i may need to close and i was going to see how he was a bit later on. I then text this evening to say that i will be closing to get him checked out. I have been busy all evening and only just realised that one of the parents has not replied. Im worried she will turn up in the morning. Would you contact her again in the morning? Or just hope that she doesn't turn up?

ourmadhouse
11-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Id give her a bell first thing, if she is anything like me it would be flat battery all weekend and charged back up sunday night

ourmadhouse
11-07-2010, 09:38 PM
hope your lo is alright too and he has a good sleep, nothing harder than being up worried all night with a lo x x x

jaytravis
12-07-2010, 07:05 AM
my 5 yrd old was like this the other week really high temps drsaid it was a viral infection i shut for 4 days but he has taken nearly 2 weeks to fully recover and till has a cough
hope you lo is ok soon

huggableshelly
12-07-2010, 07:07 AM
hope he feels better real soon

snufflepuff
12-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Thank you ladies. GP just called back and asked me to take him in. He seems ok to be honest but still very hot so best to get him checked.

Blaze
12-07-2010, 10:12 AM
what did the Dr say? ... sending speedy recovery wishes.

snufflepuff
12-07-2010, 12:32 PM
He has an infection. She said his ears look red, and it looks like he may be getting conjunctivitis. So we have antibiotics and eye drops. But he has now had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics, poor little lamb! So we will be back off to the docs again later to get a different type. Looks like penicillin is another allergy to add to the list!

Blue Boy
12-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Hope he feels better soon:thumbsup:

miffy
12-07-2010, 08:36 PM
He has an infection. She said his ears look red, and it looks like he may be getting conjunctivitis. So we have antibiotics and eye drops. But he has now had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics, poor little lamb! So we will be back off to the docs again later to get a different type. Looks like penicillin is another allergy to add to the list!

Hope you got his medication sorted and he's soon feeling better.

Miffy xx

TheBTeam
12-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Hope he's feeling better soon!