PDA

View Full Version : any ideas please

lou lou
11-07-2010, 06:58 PM
this month i have been doing a water theme i have done playing with the water table and paddling pool and we have made fish out of paper plates and made a picture with what lives in the sea but now i want to do a beach scene has anyone got any ideas please my mind has gone blank. Thanks

Waveawand
11-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Hiya -I did see once the guy on artattack using sand and glue to make a beach picure -with paint then added for sunset and palm trees made from cardboard, maybe you could use some stuff collected from suitable plants(ferns) in the garden for the palm trees, cardboard painted into palm shapes or something like that ? Or even use everyday house objects to make an abstract beach design on large scale in the garden... ? hope this helps to kick start your brain again !!! Good luck

angiemog
11-07-2010, 07:05 PM
I've just done planning for August, I printed out some shells for them to colour, yellow card and going to glue some sand on. I'm not adding anything else to mine but you could add blue card for the water with little boat stickers or something. x

sarah707
11-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Go back to the reason why you want to do this theme with the children.

I imagine one of them is going on holiday or you are following one or more of their interests...

So ask the children! Sit with them at snack time, get out a big piece of paper and brainstorm with them.

This will give you some starting points from what THEY want to do...

Follow this with a few enhancements to make sure you are covering all 6 areas of L&D.

Hth :D

avril
11-07-2010, 07:11 PM
I there a beach close enough for you to visit? This may give the children ideas.

The Juggler
11-07-2010, 09:05 PM
my icp tutor told us once, to get ahuge roll of lining paper out on the garden fence, get the children to paint, decorate all across it.

you could use paints, cut out fish, shiny stuff and glues. It could be a weeks work in progress