PDA

View Full Version : Bernardo's big toddler

Bex1
11-07-2010, 06:24 AM
Hello

Just wondering whether anyone has participated in this event?

I wasnt aware of it until I took my DD and mindee to our local toddler group and they were running one. The kiddies loved it as the theme was "pirates" so they made pirate hats then went for a short walk around the school field and then got a medal :) My DD and little mindee (who isnt that confident) were so chuffed to get a medal and seemed to have fun so I thought I would run one myself!

I have contacted Bernardo's who are sending me packs etc. I am not sure I will ask parents for sponsorship, maybe just send a donation on behalf of my little group but I thought it would be nice for all the kiddies to take part.

Bec

huggableshelly
11-07-2010, 08:03 AM
I would send a sponsor form home for parents.

I presume you will be making the hats etc with the children and planning the walk either round your garden or to the local park and back.

I did the chatterbox challenge, children spent ages making props and practising their songs. Parents were invited to watch at the start of the day, during lunch and at the end of the day. No parents turned up and only one returned the sponsor form wit £1.00 leaving me a little out of pocket as felt I needed to then send off £50.00 due to chatterbox challenge providing stickers, certificates etc to hand out to kiddies.

good luck with yours, even if the parents do not assist in fund raising it is wonderful to see the children doing something to help out others.

Graham
11-07-2010, 08:06 AM
We have done it with a group of other childminders in the area, it was great fun all the mindees loved it. All the parents willingly took sponsorship forms and we made some money for Barnardos.

It was a lovely day we held it in a local park and started with a picnic and then did the toddle all the kiddies wore pirate hats they had made themselves.:)

They couldn't wait for Mum's and Dads to come to pick them up that night so that they could tell them all about it and show off their medals.

miffy
11-07-2010, 08:12 AM
I would mention to parents you are going to do it but I wouldn't ask them to sponsor us but that is just how I feel about it. I would send a donation to Barnados myself.

We've done the chatterbox challenge in the past but parents didn't offer to contribute.

Parents are always being asked by school to sponsor things so I don't like to add to that

Miffy xx

TammyN
11-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Hi i hve took part of an organised Barnado's Toddle since my lo's were little, last year i took mindee's to Chester Zoo and it was a fab day, i do send sponsors home for parents to get.
This year i'm involved in 2 groups, a cm one and a tiny tots parents group so we organised the event as a huge group and we all met at the zoo, it was fab, we had a fantastic pirate day and i believe that we have raised a fair bit, will find out this week when we meet.
sorry for the long post but i would say definately do it, look on the site for organised events in your area as it is fun and we got to meet Tod :clapping:

Mouse
11-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Our cm group has done it several times now. We send sponsor forms home for the parents & they're usually more than willing to help raise money.

For many of them it's the first sponsor event their child has ever done, so they're very enthusiastic about it!