PDA

View Full Version : What is a Sustainability Grant?

aly
10-07-2010, 09:22 PM
I've had a letter from my early years team telling us they are offering it again this year and if i want it I can apply.

But I have no idea what it is?...help

lol

miss mopple
10-07-2010, 09:32 PM
I think its a grant that is available to those struggling to fill vacancies.

May be wrong though :blush:

cher25
10-07-2010, 11:08 PM
In my area we can apply for that grant if a child leaves and you have not been able to fill the vacancies after a few weeks. We could get about £750 for a full time space and it is just to help you out for a little bit.

manjay
11-07-2010, 07:36 AM
This grant works differently in Wales and it may be dished out differently by each LA. It is a set amount you can apply for (think ours is £350 this time) and you can apply for anything you need to meet the standards. It is quite hard for childminders to get hold of it but our playgroup always seems to qualify as they can use it to pay rent and wages. We usually get a set of criteria with it letting you know what type of things they will consider. This year I have also heard on the grapevine that high priority will go to applications that plug some kind of gap in the market ie; overnight care or teenage care.

Last time I applied the focus was on healtha nd safety and i applied for some help with an unsafe area in my garden. I didn't get it!

My advice would be to have a go. You have nothing to lose:D

miffy
11-07-2010, 08:25 AM
I think its a grant that is available to those struggling to fill vacancies.

May be wrong though :blush:

That's what I thought it was too but not sure now having seen Manjay's post.

I'd give them a ring on Monday and find out

Miffy xx

TammyN
11-07-2010, 09:01 AM
sustainability in halton is for filling vacancies when children leave, you have to prove you have lost wage, prove you are advertising the vacancy and other small hoops to claim it, we can have £500 i think before we need a business account and a plan :eek: so worth it if you can apply!

manjay
11-07-2010, 09:02 AM
This grant works very differently in Wales than it does in England!!!

aly
11-07-2010, 10:12 AM
This grant works very differently in Wales than it does in England!!!

Thank you for that it seems better the way you have explained it and more suitable too.

Hopefully it will come in post tomorrow otherwise ill have to wait til fri when i get home from cornwall.

Will find out soon and let you know

X

kindredspirits
11-07-2010, 12:55 PM
It is if you can't fill a vacancy - only certain areas apply - i think there has to be less children than spaces or the other way around. :huh: - you have to prove that you have recently lost a child due to the recession, that you are advertising their space with CIS and the vacancy is from about a 3 month period - you can claim 70%pw of what the child that left paid you - up to about £350.
all a bit pointless really.

brightstar
11-07-2010, 06:47 PM
I got a couple of hundred pounds last year because I didn't have any work. I had to prove I was using it for gas or electric, not hard because we all have to pay that. I had to fill in a form and send them a bank statement. I won't be applying this year because I'm lucky enough to be swamped with work :clapping: How things change.