PDA

View Full Version : What a week!!!!! interviews

moljak
10-07-2010, 06:37 PM
I lost my only mindee yesterday due to them moving away :(
I've had 2 families visit this week too.
One came Tuesday with a baby and a 4 yr old.They were very interested in how I got on with the 4yr old and whether she was happy ect.Gave them paperwork to read while I got to know the child, showing her about the house, chatting ect.

Today were parents with a 4yr old.I feel I was interagated fully.Constantly questioned and probed.Never even got to touch a toy or to say anything other than hello and goodbye to the little boy who played lovely with everything and tidied away.

Both totally different families and both sets of parents lovely.I would be happy to take on either or both families.They have both gone off to read through everything and get back to me.

What I have learned is that it doesn't matter how I wanted the visiting session to go.Neither went as I had planned! They were both totally led by what was happening at the time, what the children did and what the parents wanted to know.

Guess what i'm trying to say to new minders, have all your paperwork ready in a welcome pack by all means but the best advice about parents visiting is to go with the flow.

I'm now at the waiting bit, I know I could've tried to pin them down and arranged a contract visit ect but I want parents to think about what they want and whether what I offer matches and then come back to me because they want to be.Just wish they'd ring lol

*donnalouise*
10-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the insight!! It helps lots.... just about to go through all this very shortly!

sarah707
10-07-2010, 06:54 PM
It sounds like you've been very busy!

Interviews can be hard especially if you have parents who are used to running things their own way and take over.

I find the best is to have paperwork to fall back on - say sorry I have to go through all this for Ofsted - and let them ask their questions as we go along.

I hope one of them comes through for you! :D

Leanne59
10-07-2010, 07:01 PM
good luck!

miffy
10-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I know I could've tried to pin them down and arranged a contract visit ect but I want parents to think about what they want and whether what I offer matches and then come back to me because they want to be.

I agree with you - I also like to think about things myself and decide if I think the children will fit in with those I'm already looking after.

Good luck, I hope they don't make you wait too long for an answer

Miffy xx