PDA

View Full Version : Profile viewed on childcare.co.uk

moljak
09-07-2010, 10:30 PM
I got an email to say my profile had been viewed by someone.I clicked to see who but their profile was unavailable.The message said it may be new and in a queue to be moderated.This was 4 days ago now and still the same message.

anyone know why?
If I have the persons name is there anyway I can search them? can't seem to find how on the site.I'm not sure if they are a parent or another childminder just wanting a nosy.This is my first time being viewed.

Thanks

Hebs
09-07-2010, 10:38 PM
could be yeah, i've had this before annoying isnt it :panic:

aly
09-07-2010, 10:41 PM
ther's 2 reasons why...either they looked at you and now have edited their profile and in a queue...
or
they have not filled their profile out properly so you cannot view it...

this came from richard, the site owner, I havea few like that and it is annoying but nothing can be done.

Ripeberry
09-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I've had quite a few 'viewers' but they never leave details. Methinks they are other CMs checking me out! :D

loocyloo
10-07-2010, 02:33 PM
someone viewed my profile yesterday, when i tried to look, it was not yet available, but from the name i am pretty sure it's a friend of mine whose au pair has just left !!!!

(glad i know she is looking, as i can then drop into conversation how busy i am! i have cared for her child a few times and he is a sweetie, and mum is lovely, but absolutely no sense of time keeping and works long hours as well! this is one friend i can't childmind for and won't again!)

x

moljak
10-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks.Profile still unavailable so guess that's it.

Twinklestars
10-07-2010, 07:06 PM
it does actually, the paretns ive had have had email to say ive viewed them. Sorry i meant if you're a childminder only parents viewing you means you get emailed, loads of cm's have looked at mine but it only parents viewing means i get emailed. I realise parents get emailed when i look at them as they often view mine after. I tend to find all the ones i message that i could do don't log in for ages or don't log in again, very annoying.

Winnie
10-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Sorry i meant if you're a childminder only parents viewing you means you get emailed, loads of cm's have looked at mine but it only parents viewing means i get emailed. I realise parents get emailed when i look at them as they often view mine after. I tend to find all the ones i message that i could do don't log in for ages or don't log in again, very annoying.

Yes i get that, i message them then they do not open my message! :mad: i have 3 like that and one of them is going back months! if they want childcare why dont they read the messages :rolleyes:

aly
10-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Sorry i meant if you're a childminder only parents viewing you means you get emailed, loads of cm's have looked at mine but it only parents viewing means i get emailed. I realise parents get emailed when i look at them as they often view mine after. I tend to find all the ones i message that i could do don't log in for ages or don't log in again, very annoying.

I've had loads of emails from cms viewing me too.

babs
10-07-2010, 07:57 PM
i get emails telling me parents or another cm has looked , it says something like so and so parent has viewed or childminder etc... i had one leave me a message and i cant view her profile and shes never opened the message i sent back ...

caz3007
11-07-2010, 03:53 PM
I have sent lots of messages recently and only one has opened it, and she is coming to see me on Weds, although she did leave her mobile, so I texted her too to introduce myself.

I take it parents are emailed when they have a message, so they are aware, just seems a shame that they dont make any effort to follow it up, even its just for a chat

aly
11-07-2010, 07:27 PM
I have sent lots of messages recently and only one has opened it, and she is coming to see me on Weds, although she did leave her mobile, so I texted her too to introduce myself.

I take it parents are emailed when they have a message, so they are aware, just seems a shame that they dont make any effort to follow it up, even its just for a chat

not if they change their email preferences, they may not have it set.

karen m
11-07-2010, 08:09 PM
i had someone view me last week and when i tried to look at her said could not be viewed maybe in queue have checked couple of times since but no luck,i just put it down to people being nosy ,think at some point in life we all can be nosey lol

mumof4
12-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Im glad Im not the only one who doesnt get a reply from messages sent, I was begining to think my profile was rubbish:eek: