PDA

View Full Version : Capital Grant pulled :(

Mrs.L.C
09-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Has anyone else gone to put their application in for the capital grant to be told today its stopped?

Network childminders in Northamptonshire were asked to complete an application for the grant. 2 rounds have gone through and these childminders will get the money but anyone else who was due to have theirs put in next month will not get anything :(

I am totally gutted after all the work we put in for the application and the children also helped choose what they wanted so are also let down. 2 months the NCA have had my application and I was just unlucky in the fact mine was still the last to go through.

How many more cuts are the new government going to make that will effect us?

Cammie Doodle
09-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Ah that's so not fair poor you poor kids :angry:

Ali56
09-07-2010, 05:20 PM
thats really unfair-if it starts it should finish and everyone should get theirs:angry: :angry: :mad:

karensmart4
09-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Oh I do feel for you. In Somerset we have had no grants at all for a couple of years now. They have pulled funding from the schools as well, I have been taking a couple of my mindees for their induction days at school, they are starting in Sept, I am lucky that I work with another childminder and we have an assistant that steps in on an 'as and when' basis. The school told me that I could claim back wages paid out to our assistant, 7 hrs in all. I put in the invoice and was told, sorry the goverment pulled all funding as of last wk. :mad: I know its not as bad as your situation but its just another let down :mad: The gov should be supporting the next generation!!

Zoomie
09-07-2010, 05:39 PM
I am in Beds and got a phone call from my DO today saying that they were pulling the grants.

I got one at the end of Mar, but haven't spent it, but I have to do so by Wed next week or I loose it. (Originally had to spend it by Aug 31).

Shopping this weekend, I am :) .

Sorry to hear you have had yours pulled :(

teacake2
09-07-2010, 06:07 PM
We are the same here, but remember it is not the government that has pulled it it is the council who have to cut back so as we are the lowest of the low according to some councils we have to suffer, ours was only £100 anyway so better than some I know but not as good as some of had or were expecting.
Teacake2

rickysmiths
09-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Well here in Hertfordshire we have had no grants at all.

jaz
09-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Sorry to hear that your grant has been pulled. :group hug:

Agree with Ali that they if they have given you the application form, youshould be allowed to apply.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
09-07-2010, 07:45 PM
In Warwickshire we don't get much either x

Mouse
09-07-2010, 07:48 PM
We've just been allowed to put in another application for £300 (have had £3000 so far), so I'll have to wait to see if we get it. I know there was a very short deadline on getting the applications in as the council only had a very limited time to get the money spent.

We were also due to get an ICT package, rather than a grant, but things have gone very quiet on that front.

I guess it's a case of wait & see.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
09-07-2010, 07:53 PM
We were also due to get an ICT package, rather than a grant, but things have gone very quiet on that front.

We had that as well send the application form off and the said we should receive them in the autumn so we will see.

Blue Boy
09-07-2010, 08:10 PM
I attended the Hertfordshire Forum yesterday , where the attendees were also advised that the Capital Grant had been stopped and returned to central government.

Monkey1
09-07-2010, 08:24 PM
WE had a n email two weeks ago stating what we can have.............still awaiting payment......started the work so hopefully they will honour it

sarah707
10-07-2010, 08:32 AM
This is another one of those times when the money simply isn't there.

I think those who have had it already to spend should feel very very lucky.

Sympathies to those who have lost it xx

Millenium
10-07-2010, 09:21 AM
In my county, we have never had access to the funding so maybe it will now be the same for all. Its not that I'm envious but my friend who lives just a few miles away in the next country has applied for funding for two or three things and been successful on two of them involving quite a few hundred pounds. I wouldn't worry so much if the funding was being diverted to something else but this appears to be a straight forward cut.

Mrs.L.C
10-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I wouldnt have minded not getting it, its just the fact they have basically given it in one hand so we have sat with the children deciding what to get then taken it from the other hand :(

Hoping to still buy some of it with savings and asking parents if they are getting rid of anything or know any1 selling good cond outdoor equipment. Still going to grow some vegetables with the children next year as well

miffy
10-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I wouldnt have minded not getting it, its just the fact they have basically given it in one hand so we have sat with the children deciding what to get then taken it from the other hand :(

Hoping to still buy some of it with savings and asking parents if they are getting rid of anything or know any1 selling good cond outdoor equipment. Still going to grow some vegetables with the children next year as well

That's very disappointing especially when the children have been involved in choosing what they want.

The capital grant funding seemed to have been a lottery anyway depending where you are in the country with some getting nothing and others thousands depending on how the LA decided to allocate it.

Suppose it's fair now - nobody's getting anything :rolleyes:

Miffy xx