PDA

View Full Version : Fees Question

VINASOL
09-07-2010, 05:04 PM
I've been looking after an 8 yr old and an 11yr old. I'm sorta friends with the mum and have been charging the same as a local breakfast/after school club which is quite cheap! (It's a VERY long story which I won't bore you with).

Anyways, she has been waiting for me to become registered so that she can pay me monthly and in advance (wooohhooo) through work as she pays less tax etc; and actually gave me impression she expected me to increase my fees. I was thinking that I wasn't charging enough so want to ask you lovely ladies (and gents) what you think.

I have them from 7am until 0845 then pick up from school until 6pm. I charge £2.50 an hour. This includes breakfast and a light snack after school (although they treat my home like a home (don't mind that obviously) and are eating me out of house and home lol). I'm not the emergency contact at school and come September I will just have the 8 year old.

I've looked after them for one full day and charged £20. My 'usual' rates will be £3.75p.h./£35 per day.

What do you think would be a reasonable increase?:blush:

karensmart4
09-07-2010, 05:29 PM
I think you should charge your normal rates. You could say to their parent that you have to do things on a more business footing now, but between you and me I wont charge you for food, that way you will be still doing them a bit of a favour :) Karen

miffy
10-07-2010, 07:31 PM
I would also charge your normal rates not "mates rates". I would charge for food too. You are running a business and your friend needs to realise that you are trying to make a living - there is plenty of help out there for those who need help paying for child care. Plus, come September she is only paying for one child not two.

Miffy xx