saintsue
09-07-2010, 08:16 AM
He is 13, i hate taking him to the vet, just in case its bad news
luv sue xxx

PixiePetal
09-07-2010, 08:21 AM
He is 13, i hate taking him to the vet, just in case its bad news
luv sue xxx

re read your post, saw the age and edited mine! Our terrier is coming up for 15 and without her daily metacam drops would be unable to walk - arthritis. Also partially blind and a bit deaf to say the least! Vet says she is in fine shape for her age and has quality of life but I hate her going to the vet too.

She used to ride on the tractor all day with DH but can't get comfy any more. She sees him off with sad look in her eyes, I can see she knows she can't :( Puppy has taken her place there now and I get the old girl staying with me and sleeping a lot. Bless her

angeldelight
09-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Morning Sue

Hope your dog is ok

I hate to see animals poorly

keep us posted

Hugs

Angel xx

WibbleWobble
09-07-2010, 08:56 AM
i am sorry to read your dog is poorly.

I watch my old cats to make sure they are still ok...but i know we are on borrowed time. They are slowly becoming old girls...still with a sparkle in their eyes though.

I had an old dog called Rik, he was at least 18 when he passed away. he was blind and deaf when he left us but everytime we took him to the vets (thinking the worse) the vet told us he was happy and in no pain. he fell asleep one night, in his bed.

he has been gone for at least 8 years and i still cry thinking about the mangy, smelly, hairy old lad.

crying now

mandy

sorry

Stillgoingstrong
09-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Morning Everyone
i have got up this morning and our 13 year old spinger spaniel is not well
his cant move his back end he cant stand up or walk really,
i am so upset just waiting for hubby to phone me then he will
have to take him to the vet, i have got 4 children her today so
not alot i can do with him. luv sue xxxx

Try not to worry too much. My dog is also 13 and couldnt walk - back legs sort of gave way. Went to the vets and is on Rimadyl which I thought wasnt working at first but now after 2 weeks he is up and about almost like a normal old arthritic dog. He isnt going to get better and his front legs are going too but he is happy, still tries to play ball, eats and smiles so even if only for a little bit longer he is happy. Your vet may be able to suggest somehting similar for your dog. Hope so. 13 is a good age but it doesnt make it easy I know.

carol cameron
09-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Hope it was ok at the vets and they have been able to suggest treatment. My cats are part of the family and much loved by us all- mindees included- so I can sympathise with you when you know your animal isn't well. Sending you big hug and hopefully things will improve. Take care.:)

saintsue
09-07-2010, 01:48 PM
well what are dogs like, he has been on the floor not moving for 4 hours this morning, soon as hubby came in from work after about 15 min he got up and went and got his lead, hubby took him for a walk and he seems ok now,
so hope he is ok now xxx Thanks everyone Sue xxxx

wendywu
09-07-2010, 04:22 PM
[
QUOTE=saintsue;742308]well what are dogs like, he has been on the floor not moving for 4 hours this morning, soon as hubby came in from work after about 15 min he got up and went and got his lead, hubby took him for a walk and he seems ok now,
so hope he is ok now xxx Thanks everyone Sue xxxx[/QUOTE]

What a little pickle :laughing:

PixiePetal
09-07-2010, 04:35 PM
what a little pickle!

maybe he has had enough of this hot weather :rolleyes:

LOOPYLISA
09-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Little monkey !

One of my cats is a old girl, still runs about and puts the others in their place, eats for england, slowing up now though :(