PDA

View Full Version : Parents

auntym
09-07-2010, 06:36 AM
3 wks ago I started contract for n. Parents need me up to 3 mornings any days. So we agreed I would charge 3 days a wk regardless if used or not as some wks it may only be 2 days but will never exceed 3.
First wk ok paid on time.
Last wk n didnt come as mum ill. They came back monday dropped n off, no payment and as her husband is non english speaking I had to text mum.
Explaining that 3 days from last wk due and 3 from this and please pay by fri.
Mum drops n off today and puts 10 pound in my hand. Equivalent of 2 mornings care.
I asked her if recieving text she said oh you will have to speak to husband? How? And runs off as says is late, if he turns up at 830 and does not understand what do I do?

hollyoaksmad
09-07-2010, 06:40 AM
go on translator and type it up say you cant look after lil one till they pay where he from?xx

mama2three
09-07-2010, 06:41 AM
I would put it in writing , to confirm our conversation of ...... payment of £..covering the dates ...... is now due and should be paid by ....
Maybe refer them to the contract where it says that full fees are payable for mindee illness and holidays. have you got a late fee?

suzyblue
09-07-2010, 06:42 AM
I would write out an invoice and include a reminder that payment is due weekly whether they use the space or not. You could give it too dad to pass on or wait and give it to the mum. Good luck!! Hope they are not going to start messing you around.

kindredspirits
09-07-2010, 06:59 AM
I would speak to Dad slowly and clearly - I cared for a russian little girl who's contract was signed by mum who could speak english but she was always collected by dad - who just shrugged and smiled every time i tried to talk to him - on the last day i needed to tell him about an accident she had had and get him to fill in the form - so i explained it and he reeled off about 3 or 4 english sentances in return - i don't know if he was too ignorant to talk to me or shy of his english but i think he would have understood right from day 1 as it wasn't a long contract.

auntym
09-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Well dad comes. I say mum paid me ten pound but owes another 14 because you owe last week also. Reply 'why' so I said because you have to also pay last wk even if n is off. Reply 'why'.
So I say as contract you pay except when im on holiday. You owe 14 in total. Reply ' why '.
I was needing the money today to. Even if only 24 quid.
He left so now its up to me to type letter detailing fees to give next tuesday when they will turn up again probably without money.
Lol

AliceK
09-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Well dad comes. I say mum paid me ten pound but owes another 14 because you owe last week also. Reply 'why' so I said because you have to also pay last wk even if n is off. Reply 'why'.
So I say as contract you pay except when im on holiday. You owe 14 in total. Reply ' why '.
I was needing the money today to. Even if only 24 quid.
He left so now its up to me to type letter detailing fees to give next tuesday when they will turn up again probably without money.
Lol

If it were me I would type up a letter today and hand deliver to their house stating that if the fees (including next weeks now) are not bought along with child on Tuesday then care will be suspended until fees are paid. I bet they'll get the message then loud and clear.

xxxx

miffy
10-07-2010, 07:26 PM
I'd ask for money up front from now on

I don't think the language is a barrier here - they simply don't want to pay for the time she didn't come

Miffy xx